The Diversity & Inclusion Project is a new role within Pfizer’s HR Talent Organization and Performance Solutions Department. The Project Manager will oversee Diversity & Inclusion projects and programs including a strategy focused on positioning Pfizer as a visible, leading, and respected partner in the African-American community.
This position is responsible for providing a full range of project management reporting to the Senior Director of Diversity & Inclusion and Culture, based 100% out of the New York Headquarters.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to Diversity & Inclusion activities to maximize individual and organizational effectiveness
- Provide complete project management support including managing project plans, tracking deliverables, monitoring status of projects, conducting follow-ups and managing communications
- Partner with project sponsors and managers to deliver projects within clearly defined cost, quality and time criteria
- Accountable for influencing key Diversity & Inclusion stakeholders and partners, senior leaders, and HR Business Partners to ensure the delivery of consistent messages across audiences and manage leadership requests for information
- Identify, manage, and resolve key linkages and cross-project interdependencies
- Apply project/activity prioritization methodologies to ensure appropriate use of human and financial resources
- Escalate issues, implications, and recommendations to key stakeholders in a manner that drives informed decision making and desired results
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess/renegotiate/amend scope of work activities, proposals, contracts and budgets
- Partner with Reporting and Analytics team and Global Workforce Intelligence teams on a regular and ad hoc basis for reporting requests and analytics
- Excellent operational and interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on partnering.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business case development and large scale project execution.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing needs, resolve complex issues, and manage contention under pressure.
- High level of professionalism and history of high integrity interactions in all business conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to accept ownership of complex situations and be accountable for delivering results working with cross-functional teams and colleagues at all levels of an organization
- Excellent written and verbal (formal and informal) communication skills and detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization with diplomacy and professionalism
- Solution orientation that identifies and capitalizes on opportunities and focuses on issues, implications, recommendations, and results.
- Sound professional judgment and the ability to work with highly confidential documents and information
- 5+ years of project management and related experience
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management, or related HR field
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.