The Manager of Communications will serve as a media liaison between Milwaukee’s new Sports and Entertainment arena and the media focusing on overall public relations including marketing campaigns, digital, sponsorship announcements, merchandise, entertainment, community and programming. This role will focus on promoting the Special Events (concerts, family program, etc) business for the new Sports and Entertainment arena.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list includes specific duties, but is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Serves as a liaison between the organization and the media
- Creating storylines, pitching and placing stories
- Drafting press releases
- Oversee and run press conferences
- Assisting in developing and executing communication strategies
- Overseeing media onsite at the arena, including concerts, college basketball, boxing and family entertainment
- Coordinate photographer access at concerts
- Develop and maintain media seating charts for concerts, college hoops, boxing and other sporting events
- Work with music promoters/publicists to strategize and coordinate concert announcements
- Prepare and maintain fact sheets, media outreach tracking documents and media distribution lists
- Coordinate with finance the payment of invoices and tracking of the department’s budgets
- BA or BS in Communications, public relations, journalism, marketing administration or a related field is mandatory
- 3-5 years of PR experience in entertainment, lifestyle, music or corporate brands
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work flexible, non-conventional hours
- Ability to work independently with general instructions
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects at the same time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.