Coordinates administrative processes and prioritizes, directs, and responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, and/or operations. Creates and maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc. and alerts supervisor of critical issues and upcoming events.
The Program Assistant 3 coordinates administrative processes and prioritizes, directs, and responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, and/or operations. This role creates and maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc. and alerts supervisor of critical issues and upcoming events.
Documents & Databases
- Independently responds to and composes correspondence. May create and maintain standard spreadsheets and/or databases and prepares queries, reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. based on information compiled from various sources; determines format, elements, trends, etc. May maintain websites and/or blogs which may include creating new web pages and/or updating standard information/data within the application’s content management program.
Budget & Financial/Accounting
- Approves appropriate expenses, purchases and reimbursements per budget. Creates and maintains financial records which may include preparing forms; verifying appropriateness and accuracy of charges; processing and reconciling expenses, accounting transfers, and/or appropriation changes; updating financial transaction spreadsheets and databases. Generates summary reports and statistics. May process routine payroll actions. May maintain accounting balances for grants/contracts.
- May manage supervisor’s and/or dept calendar including registration and travel. Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines; collecting agenda items and background materials; creating registrant profiles; coordinating complex itineraries involving domestic and/or international travel, etc. May prepare annual event, conference and/or meeting budget; verify invoices and expense reports; and/or reconcile to budget. Screens and prioritizes incoming calls. Responds to inquiries and may provide basic interpretation of policies and procedures. Researches information to resolve problems or issues. May provide a variety of administrative support for student services such as recruitment; admissions; applications; curriculum; program evaluation; recommending alternatives for course requirements, etc. Reviews administrative processes and procedures regarding student services and recommends changes.
- Manages registration and travel. Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines. Collects agenda items and background materials. Creates registrant profiles. Coordinates complex itineraries involving domestic and/or international travel, etc. Verifies invoices and expense reports; and/or reconciles to budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience.
- Adaptability - Works effectively in a changing environment; adjusts behavior to meet the needs of different people and situations., Collaboration - Facilitates open and effective communication, cooperation and teamwork within and outside of one's own team., Communication - Communicates strategically to achieve specific objectives using varied vehicles and opportunities., Critical and analytical thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems., Customer & personal service - Assesses customer needs; meets quality standards for services; evaluates customer satisfaction. , Flexibility - Adapts quickly/effortlessly to changing environments., Initiative - Exhibits energy and desire to achieve; sets ambitious goals and acts decisively; takes action that no one has requested to improve or enhance job results and avoid problems., Meets deadlines - Displays consistency and success in adhering to deadlines., Multi-tasking - Demonstrates ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously., Problem solving - Formulates realistic plans and contingencies and establishes appropriate measurements of anticipated results., Team player - Seeks to build collaboration by encouraging trust, mutual respect and shared purpose among various participants in an engagement.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.