**Location flexible within Midwest**
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by working with one of the most prestigious companies in the global Healthcare and Life Sciences (HCLS) market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As a Global Account Manager you will be responsible for providing business leadership and creative direction of this highly visible Global HCLS customer. You will build and maintain broad relationships in the account, develop and manage opportunities, and lead a large team of extended global resources. You will define a CXO relationship strategy within the account, including building a strong working relationship with the AWS senior leadership team for executive sponsorship, executive business reviews, and shaping go-to-market opportunities.
The Global Account Manager is responsible for driving revenue while teaming with all aspects of the customer’s organization, which includes executives, engineering, business owners, legal, and others. Skills required to build relationships across an account include creative thinking, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, to impact all business groups. The Global Account Manager is responsible for selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation. The Global Account Manager works with all appropriate AWS resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests, and will understand how to strongly advocate for their customer and balance that with the business needs of AWS. This includes dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources that may be geographically distributed. Development of formal case studies and other forms of references highlighting activity and workloads running on AWS is core to the role. Frequent domestic travel and occasional international travel may be required.
· 10+ years of technology related sales or business development experience in Healthcare or Life Sciences
· 10+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions to the F1000
· Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
· Experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
· Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business
· Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
· A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
· Track record of developing sustainable new business
· Extensive customer network
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation