Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Event Manager to manage highly visible internal AWS events. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in AWS, a division of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing.
In this role you will plan and execute events targeting specific individual within the organization, and assist on events targeting IT decision makers and professionals. Your daily responsibility as an event expert will include working closely with AWS Senior Leadership, sales and marketing managers, to identify event goals, content, and promotion strategy, manage budgets, and coordinate all event logistics. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event reviews and communications and post-event follow-up, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality event.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of running successful events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
· 4+ years of relevant experience in event management.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
· Demonstrated success in event management and project management.
· A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
· Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as SalesForce and Marketo.