As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we create extraordinary moments for our guests through the relentless pursuit of being the top destination for sports and entertainment in the Northwest.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer
to create and push design within the Portland Trail Blazer brand! The Graphic Designer will leverage their design eye and illustrative skills to produce a wide array of materials. This role will serve as the design hub internally and operate like an agency by interacting with different business functions delivering design materials that builds brand engagement.
We’re seeking a team player that pushes creativity while being protective of the Portland Trail Blazer brand!
You will be responsible for
You are qualified if
- Originating, creating and executing all graphic design of Trail Blazers collateral.
- Working with Digital Marketing to design for digital platforms including website, mobile and social media that help build brand and fan engagement.
- Assisting with photo shoots, photo selection, photo archiving, photo management and manipulation.
- Leading the design on high profile presentations.
- Designing co-branded promotional and collateral materials for Trail Blazers corporate partners.
- Designing materials to support Rose Quarter event ticket sales, promotions, programs, etc.
- Providing assistance with print production (set up files, file archiving, etc.).
- Brainstorming, developing and conceptualizing new and innovative ideas to contribute toward dynamic campaign initiatives while maintaining brand integrity.
- Generating competitive and creative solutions to design problems and bringing new ideas to the team.
- Being a brand ambassador for the organization.
- Pitching design and creative ideas to internal clients.
- Flexing your copywriting skills.
- Assisting in general Marketing Department projects, events, promotions and activities.
- You have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and three to five years related design experience at an ad agency, design firm, or within an internal creative services team; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have a design portfolio that demonstrates a modern eye and strong illustrative skills.
- You are able to work on Mac (primarily) and PC platforms.
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint are needed, too.
- You are attentive to detail and direction and have excellent organizational skills.
- You are a proactive problem solver and able to work well under pressure.
- You are team oriented - we are a collaborative organization! A positive attitude is key.
- You are able to prioritize, effectively communicate status and manage multiple tasks and projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- You recognize that feedback is important and are responsive to design critique and changes.
- You pick up new concepts quickly and enjoy working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- You have or are excited to learn photography and or illustrative skills.
- You have had exposure to Adobe After Effects - motion graphic design is a plus.
- You aren't afraid to flex your creative and corporate copywriting skills when necessary.
If you have agency or internal design experience and the design chops to prove it, then take the next step and apply for our Graphic Designer role!
*Portfolio is required!
Final offers of employment will be contingent on a successful background check after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.