The successful deployment of voice and data services requires continuous assessment of technology and customer needs, as well as a longer-term plan. This position will be responsible for evaluating and recommending new business opportunities, assessing service platforms, devices, and technologies, and maintaining the roadmap for new voice and data products and services. The position is accountable for staying abreast of wireless developments and for producing plans and recommendations that allow the company to maximize its revenue growth through voice and data products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess new and longer-range (12+ months) service developments and produce evaluations to keep executive management abreast of developments. Maintain a longer-range business plan for services.
- Work with internal market/customer insights team to gather primary research on product segments and categories.
- Manage and use secondary research to create and support strategic guidance on products and services.
- Assist other functional areas in the planning and preparation for new products and services.
- Develop strategic recommendations, present and support stated position through data and reasoning, and drive actions based on the guidance.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend new services and business opportunities for the USCC product teams.
- Understand customer (segment) needs and technology developments. Recommend product strategies and service priorities.
- Develop business cases including investment requirements, revenues, and costs; define high level operational requirements and assessment of competitive positioning. Make recommendations on those opportunities.
- Work with current and future potential vendors and partners to understand and assess their fit in current and future products and services.
- Understand industry developments, competitor plans and positioning, and trends in customer demand and adoption for wireless services.
- Provide inputs into products and services roadmap for USCC.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms for data services with Engineering. Determine the market opportunity, whether they meet customer needs, and operational requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate to diverse audiences (Sr. Leadership, Engineering, IS, Brand, etc.) and craft a compelling & logical argument
- Will need to think strategically and in the abstract; ability to challenge paradigms and historical thinking; application of sound business judgment to complex problems
- Demonstrate a command of the tools of the trade (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), with the ability to analyze data and create, display, and communicate compelling stories with the data
- Ideal to have experience in analytics, consumer insights, strategic direction, strategic audit, innovation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of business experience that includes business strategy, planning, and marketing, preferably with technology products and services.
- Experience in developing business cases for executive management. Experience and insights into forecasting market development of new products for both consumer and business segments.
- Wireless industry experience desirable. Experience with wireless data products and services a strong plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding how telecommunication technologies drive the business.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.