The Social Media Specialist is responsible for developing a “social media road map” (objectives and strategy), day-to-day implementation, content creation and online posting as well as social media measurement and reporting for the assigned Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and results-orientated with a passion for social media and digital marketing. Experience with social networking sites and tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and YouTube are necessary, additional experience on auxiliary social networking a plus.
- Assess and identify social media opportunities for key brands, with a focus on contributing to existing business objectives for each brand.
- Create and post compelling content across multiple social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and possibly other platforms.
- Coordinate with staff onsite to procure imagery and content.
- Represent Branded Hotels by way of brand-mandated guidelines.
- In tandem with General Managers and Director of Sales, develop a strong social media strategy to align and elevate with the property’s main marketing initiatives. These plans must be inclusive of tactics for robust content development, customer segmentation, leveraging social media platform tools, social paid advertising and a plan to aggressively grow number of social media followers.
- Utilize tactics to grow engagement with customers and potential customers.
- Monitor brand references online and be extremely responsive to customer inquiries. Pro-actively engage in online discussions to connect with customers in a meaningful way to cultivate relationships with online influencers.
- Protect the reputation of Marcus Restaurants and immediately alert appropriate parties of any issues that could negatively affect the organization.
- Work with restaurant teams to train staff on best practices on review sites such as Yelp, Open Table, Google Local, etc. Assist onsite staff when answering difficult reviews.
- Regularly touch base with onsite stakeholders.
- Coordinate with onsite staff to procure images/video of onsite events.
- Work effectively with our team of internal and external partners (including creative designers and technology vendors) to achieve objectives.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Background/studies in social media, marketing, communication arts or similar field.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Must have strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task, handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- Have an interest in and stay current on social media and hospitality industry trends
- High level of comfort using social media is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Possess computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- The ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Up to 50% travel to properties required.
EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Three (3) years of social media experience at minimum
- Demonstrated record of results driven management
- Excellent communication, writing and creative skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry a plus, but not mandatory
- Ability to edit photos and/or video is desired, but not mandatory