The Sales Account Representative position promotes the sale of National Mortgage Insurance (National MI) products, services and programs to customers and helps the company drive revenue growth and achieve maximum sales profitability and account penetration within an assigned territory. Through personal sales calls, email and telephone contacts, the Sales Account Representative will use a consultative selling approach to build awareness of National MI products and services and improve customer satisfaction through an enhanced knowledge of our products and services. This position covers the Washington market. The Account Manager must live in the Seattle metro area.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization's products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the territory/market's potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization's products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with verbal and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through reading pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Performs ad hoc responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Two to four years direct sales or account management experience.
- In lieu of direct sales experience, candidate must possess a minimum of three to five years client relationship management experience or National MI operational experience in mortgage operations, sales, or underwriting.
- Customer relationship management (Salesforce.com or other) experience.
- Relationship management meeting facilitation experience required.
- Previous retail, wholesale and/or correspondent lending experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of mortgage origination process including pricing, underwriting, closing, and compliance.
- Presentation skills are required as are analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Personable and well-presented over phone and via email.
- Reliable, organized and consistent.
- Willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- 50 percent travel is required.
National MI is the leader in restoring trust in the mortgage insurance industry. We take a straightforward approach to both our products and practices to ensure lenders’ confidence in the loans they place with us. We move MI forward through innovation, and help more people get into homes by enabling low down payment borrowers to realize homeownership.
National MI began with a promise to restore trust in the mortgage insurance industry, and we deliver on that promise:
• Pioneering 12 month rescission relief
• Offering the best terms of coverage
• Moving the industry towards transparent pricing
• Pledging a sensible and fair underwriting approach
• Putting customers first, always
National MI. Innovation that moves MI forward.