Reporting directly to the Executive Director/ CEO, the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director/CEO is responsible for providing high-quality administrative and project support to the CEO of the Little Village Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director frequently represents the chamber of commerce internally and externally and therefore must be willing to collaborate with the rest of the team on datelines and special projects.
The ideal candidate will enthusiastically embrace the role of Executive Assistant to the Executive Director), taking pride in outstanding execution of all tasks and projects, regardless of size and scope. The successful candidate for this position is proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented, well-organized, and demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Maintain strong communications with the Executive Director/ CEO
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar, scheduling meetings and conference calls, coordinating with all stakeholders and travel when necessary.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for the Executive Director, taking and prioritizing phone and email messages, requests for meetings, and ensuring proper actionable items
- Assume a proactive role in increasing the productivity, efficiency and organization of the Executive Director, ensuring that time is focused on accomplishing the organization's highest priorities.
- Represent the Executive Director in interactions with external stakeholders every day, operating with efficiency, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- Draft and assisting to manage the Executive Director’s internal and external communications.
- Coordinate logistics for various meetings, events and board meetings, including researching and preparing information for use in meetings and organizing schedules of multiple participants, including board members
- Serve as liaison to all staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as liaison to external constituents, such as the LVCC Board of Directors, by managing communication and logistics for meetings, including researching and preparing meeting materials, organizing schedules of multiple participants, taking minutes, and following up on action items
- Support the execution of special projects and initiatives that support the effectiveness and growth of the site: these projects will evolve over time depending on strategic need and will be adjusted to the skill and growth of the individual.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) a MUST
- 1-2 years of experience in the workforce
- Marketing & sales ability
- 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced administrative role
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities effectively
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A professional and resourceful style with good instincts about when to work independently and when to leverage support from others
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks quickly
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required; experience with PowerPoint
- Social Media skills – posting managing
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
The Little Village Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization that has represented the interests of local businesses for more than 30 years. Its mission is to promote and support the growth and success of businesses in Little Village and to leverage the community’s unique cultural identity to generate new opportunities. The Chamber works closely with business and community leaders; government agencies; law enforcement; corporate partners; elected officials and others to address the issues that affect the community and the commercial area. For more information, visit www.littlevillagechamber.org.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than January 31, 2018
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.