Duties and Responsibilities
Loyola University Chicago seeks an accomplished leader with substantial experience and a proven record of achievement in higher education alumni relations. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, the Director of Alumni Relations will lead a team of professionals with an overall mission of engaging Loyola’s 154,784 alumni located in all fifty states and 120 foreign countries.
- Develops a comprehensive strategic plan to help meet participation and fundraising goals set by the Advancement Division.
- Creates and implements alumni programming in support of: Colleges and Schools across the university, alumni chapters and clubs, affinity groups, reunions and young alumni.
- Identifies best practices for utilizing technology to help boost alumni participation and support.
- Supervises professional and administrative staff and establishes and manages an operating budget.
- Performs other related duties under the strategic vision of the Assistant Vice President, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
Loyola University Chicago, the most comprehensive of all Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, includes the Loyola University Medical Center and four higher education campuses: three in the Chicago area and one in Rome, Italy; and ten schools and colleges: arts and sciences, communication, business administration, education, graduate studies, law, medicine, nursing, social work and continuing and professional studies. Under the leadership of Dr. Damon Cates, SVPAdvancement, and Dr. Jo Ann Rooney, Loyola’s President, the University has been experiencing a virtual renaissance evidenced by record levels of enrollment, healthy surpluses, growing endowments, new facilities and unprecedented support from alumni and friends. The new Director will have the opportunity to provide critically important leadership to both internal and external audiences.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field and four-seven years of related experience at a university or college.
- Advanced degree highly preferred.
- Experience in leading an alumni relations department/alumni association at a university or college (or transferable experience) is highly desirable.
- Excellent people skills, outstanding organizational and managerial abilities and excellent communication skills are required.
- Experience with management of a volunteer board and budget management preferred.
- Experience in management of a national alumni association would be a plus.
- A positive attitude and sense of humor are appreciated.
Proficient computer skills, ability to use MS Office suite.