Reporting to the Marshall Square Resource Network Coordinator, the Youth Engagement Coordinator will
support the organization’s strategic goals related to the engagement of youth in Marshall Square.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build
secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services
clinic in the State of Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the
organization leads a 30-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and
cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
The Youth Engagement Coordinator will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills. The position
requires dependability and the ability to produce high-quality work independently, while also having the
ability to take guidance and direction.
• Coordinate all activities for youth residents, including recruitment
• Attend Marshall Square Resource Network committee meetings, and support the work of each
committee, as it relates to youth residents
• Facilitate youth participation in Network events and activities, including the Peace March,
walkability study, community gardens and green space activation, and the Education Summit
• Support the Marshall Square Resource Network Coordinator in data collection and reporting
• Support the Development & Communications Department by sharing information on
community events and activities, and contributing information, as necessary, for grant reporting
• Under the direction of the Marshall Square Resource Network Coordinator, attend external
meetings and events
• Minimum two years experience working with youth/youth groups OR minimum three years of
related experience required
• Ability to speak both English and Spanish strongly preferred
• Experience working in schools preferred
• Punctual and reliable
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Culturally competent, with strong interpersonal skills
• Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
• Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google tools
Responsibilities may also include other duties, as assigned.
References are required, and candidate must pass background check.