Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants & Communications Manager will support Latinos Progresando’s resource development efforts, with the primary responsibility for the organization’s grants portfolio and external communications.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services provider in the State of Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization leads a 30-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
The Grants Manager will be expected to contribute to and lead elements of the grants strategy and communications plan, and able to produce quality work both independently, and as part of a team.
• Collaborate with the Director of Development and development department colleagues to execute the organization’s overall fundraising strategy
• Conduct prospect research and identify new private and public grant funding sources
• Manage the organization’s grants calendar
• Prepare proposal narratives and required attachments to respond to private and public RFPs
• Prepare narrative and budget reports for existing grants
• Collaborate with program directors to determine program needs, monitor grant compliance, and track and monitor program outcomes and client demographics for grant reporting
• Support Director of Development in research related to new programs or initiatives
• Serve as liaison between the organization and institutional funders
• Maintain paper and digital grant records, and manage grant-related contacts in Salesforce
• Develop grant record sheets for accounting purposes
• Work with Accountant to track grants and prepare for annual organizational audit
• Develop and maintain staff bios, white papers, and other documents, as needed
• Furnish reports for the Board of Directors
• Serve as organization’s primary copy writer
• Produce and publish e-newsletter on schedule determined by Director of Development
• Produce and publish content for Latinos Progresando’s social media pages and website
• With support of Director of Development, monitor continuity between online platforms
• Provide copy for printed materials, as requested
The Grants & Communications Manager also provides, as needed, staff support for special events and other department initiatives.
Responsibilities may also include other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelors degree or higher
• Minimum two years related experience
• Excellent writing skills a must
• Knowledge of philanthropic landscape, grant writing and prospect research
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage multiple, diverse stakeholders
• Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
• Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive
• Proficiency in social media platforms
• Working knowledge of donor database systems (ex. Salesforce) a plus
• Ability to write in Spanish a plus