Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
Metropolitan Family Services is proud to participate in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. For those who qualify, the NHSC will repay outstanding qualifying educational loans. Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists are eligible to apply for loan forgiveness if they work in our Blue Island or Southeast Centers!
Qualified individuals may earn up to $50,000 toward student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program (NHSC LRP).
For more information on the NHSC's repayment program and to see eligibility requirements, please visit the following website: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment
We are now hiring for full-time and part-time Social Workers / Counselors to join our Blue Island, Calumet, DuPage, Midway, North, Palos, Southeast Chicago Team!
At a beginning level of skill, using a multi-disciplinary, multi-service, and systemic approach, provides a range of office, community and home-based services to clients. Works with diverse staff and service population. Under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Does comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services. Does intake as assigned.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational, and related services.
- Learns and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Complies with agency record-keeping expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- Master's Degree in Social Work OR Master's Degree in Counseling from an accredited college or university.
- Must be Licensed Social Worker OR Licensed Professional Counselor (LSW or LPC).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires travel and evening hours to provide community-based and home-based services.
- Must have access to a vehicle, proof of insurance and valid driver’s license to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Bilingual preferred.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network