Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 68,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
The Chicago Reader has named our Learning and Wellness Center the 2017 Best Daycare in Chicago!
We are currently searching for a full-time Licensed Early Childhood Teacher, a full-time Licensed Early Childhood Educator (Ages 3-5yrs.), a full-time Bilingual Teacher Assistant (Ages 0-3yrs.) and a full-time Bilingual Teacher Assistant (Ages 3-5yrs.) for our Learning & Wellness Center!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Caregiver in providing activities which support children in their social-emotional, cognitive and physical development, and helps maintain a safe environment.
- Participates in maintaining the emotional environment of the classroom by: respectfully and appropriately listening to and speaking with children, comforting children as needed, setting appropriate limits for children with reasonable consequences, and using positive reinforcement that supports the development of children’s self-help skills.
- Participates in promoting the cognitive development of children by contributing to the development and implementation of weekly individualized curriculum and lesson plans using Creative Curriculum and projects which include: literacy, dramatic play, science, math, fine and gross motor activities, open-ended art, and problem-solving.
- Assist in the maintenance of the physical classroom environment by completing daily health checks, a health and safety checklist, and cleaning/ sanitation checklist as assigned. Ensure that floors are swept and/or mopped as needed after meals and activities. Assist with meals and clean-up.
- Actively participate as a team member meetings, supporting center policies, development of team and center goals, supervision and Direct Service Team meetings as assigned.
- Use appropriate adult-child interactions including the use of open-ended questions, moderate tone of voice, respect for children’s individual learning and communication styles, provide assistance, comfort and encouragement as needed.
- Develops portfolios for each assigned child, which includes weekly observations, objective anecdotal recordings, samples of child’s work, photographs, child’s dictations, and anecdotal recordings of other teachers, parents and children.
- Contributes to the education file for each child, which includes required forms, consents, assessments, screening results, IEPs, parent-teacher conference results, home visits and on-going individual goal planning and accommodations as needed.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of a minimum of semi-annual home visits and parent-teacher conferences.
- Maintains compliance with all documentation as required by licensing agents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
- AND One (1) year of teaching experience with toddlers.
- OR Bachelor's Degree with three (3) years of experience in an Early Childhood setting.
- Bilingual required (English/Spanish).
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network