- Ensures that care delivered to patients, meets / exceeds standards of care and is provided according to SSOM HSD mission, strategic plans and all internal/external regulations, policies and procedures.
– Practices within the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Nurse Practice Act. Supports the established care models of LUMC. Coordinates research project in compliance with the IRB regulations, Code of Federal Regulations and in collaboration with medical services.
– Provides education for patient and health care providers regarding various research protocols. Implements research protocols utilizing appropriate screening and informed consent.
– Collects data and performs clinical assessment of research parameters. Evaluates and maintains integrity of research protocol in collaboration with the principal investigator.
– Monitors patient for adverse events and reports any abnormalities immediately to the investigator and appropriate study personnel.
– Facilitates patient enrollment and continued participation in studies.
– Submits research protocols to the IRB for review.
– Collects clinical material and submits for central review.
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education Preferred: Bachelors Degree Specify Degree(s): Nursing Minimum Experience: Required: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience Preferred: 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and established procedures.
– May require use of centrifuge, make slides for labs, ECG’s to be performed and transmitted.
– Medication administration.