To learn more about Choose Chicago visit www.choosechicago.com
Position Title: Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Effective Date: May 15, 2023
Choose Chicago is the official sales and marketing organization responsible for bringing world-class conference events to McCormick Place convention center and promoting City of Chicago as a global visitor destination to business and leisure travelers.
Choose Chicago is seeking a dynamic, people-focused, visionary leader to be the next Director, People and Culture. This ideal candidate will plan, manage, and oversee a staff of fifty-six (56) full time employees.
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for leading and elevating human resources compliance, policies, procedures, and best practices, and implementing long-range human resources strategy. With a strong human resources generalist background, this hands-on leader will facilitate a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, teamwork, productivity, and communication.
The Director of Human Resources will be passionate about developing people and looking for the opportunity to make a huge impact in an exciting tourism/hospitality organization. The successful candidate will contribute to achieving the organization’s overall mission by driving strategic human capital programs that serve to attract and retain talent, training and development, cultivating inclusion and diversity, drive a best-in-class culture, and developing employee engagement programs illustrating the organization’s commitment to employees.
1. Provide strategic counsel and support to leadership to identify and resolve organizational staffing structure to meet the business need of the organization; makes recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination, training, and employee relations.
2. Develops and manages recruitment strategy to ensure a high-performance team adhering to EDI goals. Post job summary utilizing different sources, screen resumes, interview candidates, conduct references checks and make hiring recommendations.
3. Supervises the Human Resources Manager and ensure payroll processing, benefits administration, personnel records, new hire orientation and unemployment claims are handled accurately.
4. Works closely with third party administrators for legal guidance, payroll, retirement programs, insurance, etc.
5. Acts as an advisor to employees by providing counsel, gathering feedback, responding and resolving employee relations matters.
6. Demonstrates solid knowledge of employment and benefit regulations and guidelines.
7. Develops and implements recruiting and retention strategies, compensation structure program that is competitive, equitable and cost-effective.
8. Works closely with the CFO with annual insurance renewal process and make recommendations for benefit program structure to maintain a competitive program.
9. Works closely with the President and CEO on special projects and corporate deliverables as directed.
10. Manages annual performance review process and tracking employee goals.
11. Responsible for investigating complaints regarding employee issues, performance and recommends best corrective action as necessary.
12. Collaborates with Director Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) to support mission and yearly educational EDI initiatives.
13. Leads internal Choose Compassion Committee and Employee Engagement Committee.
14. Provides overall leadership by overseeing talent acquisition, career development and retention across the organization.
15. Works closely with all departments and establish, build, and maintain strong relationships.
16. Plans and organizes employee engagement events, team building exercises and volunteer group events.
17. Prepare presentations, as needed, to review with leadership team human resources initiatives.
18. Oversees and manages the planning of All Staff meetings.
19. Determine changes in requirements of federal legislation and prepares recommendations to amend current policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
20. Responsible for the development, review, and management of the annual human resources budget.
21. Participates in long range and strategic planning of organization programs and execution of strategic vision.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Reviewing current processes and policies to determine if they support EDI initiatives.
2. Develop workforce EDI initiatives and strategies.
3. Develop and Implement EDI educational programs.
4. Evaluate workforce EDI initiatives by tracking metrics.
5. Establish yearly compliance EDI training programs for employees.
6. Working with hiring managers to ensure hiring best practices are adhered to throughout the recruiting and hiring process.
7. Staying informed on EDI best practices and trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position offers a competitive salary + benefits package and hybrid work schedule. Qualified candidates should submit resume and include salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Human Resources Department
301 E. Cermak Road
Chicago, Illinois 60616
No Phone Calls
Choose Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer