Mekky Media Relations is seeking a PR Senior Account Executive!
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
Medical Insurance: plan available through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental and Vision Insurance: plans available through Guardian
Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance: Employer-Paid!
AD&D and Life Insurance: Employer-Paid!
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Regularly Scheduled Lunches and Happy Hours
Quarterly Wellness Events
Annual Company Retreat
Hybrid: flexible working arrangements (primarily working from home), occasional travel for client meetings as needed. Must reside in the Chicago area.
Pay Range: $56,000 - $62,000
Mekky Media is a fast-growing, award-winning boutique PR agency based in Chicago with a diverse group of clients and contacts nationwide. Our team consists of passionate professionals from the best PR firms in the world and former journalists who work with relentless drive to achieve success for clients.
Mekky Media has recently been recognized by PR News, the Stevie Awards, the Publicity Club of Chicago, and Crain's Chicago Business for our campaigns and achievements, as well as company culture and employee wellness programs. Mekky Media Relations has a mission of delivering true results for our clients using trusted experience, innovative ideas and personalized attention.
At Mekky Media, diversity, inclusion and belonging are central to our values. From the moment our people walk in the door, they are empowered to show up authentically and grow to their full potential. Our business is built on the knowledge and unique perspectives of our people which enables us to leverage our full individual identities to deliver the most valuable perspectives to our clients, and the most engaging experiences for our colleagues. It is absolutely vital for us to continue to evolve, recruit the best talent, and maintain our competitive edge by embracing DIB.
We are a different kind of PR agency born out of the desire to provide inspiration, freedom and flexibility to our team built on six core values of passion, authenticity, trust, creativity, teamwork and commitment to excellence.
Please read the information below and submit your resume!
What will I be doing?
The PR Senior Account Executive will oversee day-to-day strategies as account lead on select accounts, as well as serve as support and contribute to a variety of accounts under managers. This role will work with the team on PR initiatives for our PR clients, including writing and reviewing press materials, pitching stories, and coordinating outreach initiatives, as well as drafting strategy and direction on accounts collaboratively with senior team members.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative, organized, and results-driven with a deep understanding of how the traditional and nontraditional media operates.
Industries we represent include but are not limited to:
● Health & Wellness
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
● Manage daily activities on accounts, including:
○ Overseeing deliverables with account support
○ Ensuring media placements are being secured
○ Keeping media materials current
○ Ensuring pitches are timely and relevant to current media cycles
○ Ensuring team is following the communications strategy and meeting goals
○ Monitoring news cycles, agency industries, client competitors, and target media markets and reporters
○ Manage trackers, media lists and reports
● Serve as day-to-day contact for media and clients
● Write/review press releases, media alerts, photo captions, media pitches, biographies, press kits, and other media materials
● Implement strategies and problem-solve with team and clients
● Secure consistent and quality media placements with active pitching
● Maintain client relations through meetings, conference calls, events, general contact
● Prepare meeting agendas, notes, reports with support team
● Attend and organize events as needed
● Provide support and assist with developing strategic and creative PR initiatives
● Develop and maintain solid media relationships with journalists, bloggers, and social media influencers
● Monitor and engage on behalf of clients in digital media space as appropriate
● Maintain media lists and pitch regularly
● Build monthly reports for clients
● Manage social media for the agency and craft content when needed
● Work as a right-hand to Account Managers and Senior Leaders
What skills are we looking for?
· 3-5 years post-grad related experience required in Communications
· Experience in CPG, Tech, B2C and/or B2B
· Agency experience is preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· United States (Required)
Mekky Media Relations is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.