The Director of Development, Quinlan School of Business will be responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of principal and major gifts to the school from alumni and friends in the successful attainment of the goals for the assigned area based on Loyola University Chicago (LUC) priorities and campaign initiatives.
The Director of Development will plan and implement campaign fundraising and volunteer programs on behalf of the Quinlan School of Business and will participate in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of high-level annual fund and major gift prospects with a capacity of $100K-$5M. The Director will set and achieve fundraising goals and metrics for business prospects. The Director will partner with the Dean of the Quinlan School of Business and work closely with faculty and other business leadership to cultivate, solicit and steward major and principal gifts from alumni and friends in the successful attainment of the goals for the school based on university priorities and campaign initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Development, Quinlan School of Business, will:
- Manage the total range of fundraising activities (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) of an assigned portfolio of prospects and donors including directly soliciting and managing the solicitation of principal and major gift prospects for the Quinlan School of Business.
- Make a defined number of visits and solicitations per year designed to move prospects toward making a philanthropic commitment to the University.
- Provide support to the Dean of the Quinlan School of Business and Alumni Relations for the volunteer leadership for business.
- Write and edit correspondence, proposals, and reports to prospective donors and major/capital campaign gift donors.
- Prepare contact reports on meetings and interactions with alumni.
- Coordinate appointments and prepare any required materials for meetings, visits or phone calls with Deans, President, alumni volunteers, or other senior administrators with alumni and friends within prospect pool; and
- Work collaboratively to facilitate the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects.
Minimum qualifications includes a bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years experience in fund raising preferably in a higher education environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant fundraising experience or sales experience in a complex organization. Preference for demonstrated success in making and closing four and five-figure gift solicitations from individual donors. Transferrable experience in sales will be given equal consideration.
- 3-5 years of significant leadership experience.
- Experience in higher education is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated, successful track record of donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of personal computers.
- Working knowledge of donor and fundraising databases.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Loyola requires all faculty, staff, and students to be COVID-19 vaccinated along with receiving the COVID-19 Booster vaccine when eligible. Anexemption for a qualified medical or religious reason may be submitted for review/approval.
If you are invited for an on-campus interview, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test results no more than 48 hours prior to arriving on campus. PCR or rapid antigen test results are acceptable.