The Strategic Account Services (SAS) organization strives to improve the Amazon customer experience by working directly with Selling Partners to enable more selection, reduce defects, and drive growth across their businesses. Our team invents and innovates across technology, processes and people to enhance the services we offer, improve Selling Partner engagement and satisfaction, and build scalable solutions.
The business analyst is responsible for driving deep insights about SAS business and driving continuous improvement using the insights. The person should have a detailed understanding of a business requirement or the ability to quickly get to the root cause of a particular business issue, and draft solutions to meet requirements or resolve the root problems. You will work closely with program managers, account managers, customer success managers and product managers to analyze massive data sets, identify areas to improve, define metrics to measure and monitor programs, and most importantly work with different stakeholders to drive improvements over time. You will also work closely with internal teams to extract or mine information from our existing systems to create new analysis, and expose data from our group to wider teams in intuitive ways.
Key job responsibilities
- Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to:
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
- Work closely with managers and stakeholders to understand report needs and automate processes when necessary.
- Understand trends related to SAS business and recommend strategies to stakeholders to help drive process excellence. Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
- 8+ years of experience in financial/business analysis
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is preferred.
- Expert level skills in SQL, Scripting on Python, Excel
- Advanced skills to data Visualization tools like Tableau, Quicksight, Qlikview etc.
- Strong experience in ETL
- Deadline driven, team player, with strong customer focus
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Strong experience with statistical analysis
- Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting systems using automation tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.