The Los Angeles Lakers are seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join the Social and Content team. This role reports to the Digital Content Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day social media channel management across all Lakers owned channels. This role works closely with the Digital Content Manager and Manager, Social Media in the planning, creation, and execution of content.
- Operate the day-to-day social media publishing, active community management, and ensure channel best practices are being met
- Oversee the scheduling and implementation of all Corporate Partnership content. Includes owning ideation of the content and implementation of best practices in collaboration with CP department
- Assist in implementing social and digital channel strategies
- Assist Digital Content Manager and Manager, Social Media with daily tasks
- Assist in creating and posting day-to-day Lakers content along with content associated with tentpole moments e.g. All Star, Playoffs, etc.
- Assist Digital Content Manager and Manager, Social Media in maintaining a content calendar, covering all social channels, website, and app
- Assist in content creation and game coverage for the South Bay Lakers and Lakers Gaming
- Provide strategic insights based on social analytics, fan sentiment, platform updates, and team/player narratives
- Write copy tailored to each social platform’s specific audience, as well as for other needs, such as website and email initiatives
- Stay current and educate others on the frequent platform updates
- Collaborate with the Creative team regarding content creation, providing insights, direction, and feedback as needed
- Attend/work Lakers games, in person and remote
- Actively learn the ins and outs of social media and digital content management
- Keep pulse of Lakers’ fan base to activate around audience’s wants and needs
- Have educated recommendations on how content comes to life on social media
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years in the digital or social-specific field with a track record of success
- Experience working in sports or live events a plus
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, mimicking the Lakers’ schedule
- Must demonstrate an active use and understanding of digital and social media
- Must illustrate proficiency in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of content
- Must illustrate both extensive creativity and strong writing skills for fast-moving social media formatted micro-content
- Must be able to operate at the speed of digital – taking advantage of both proactive and reactive opportunities
- Experience with photography, copywriting, design, and basic video editing is a plus
The Los Angeles Lakers, Inc. requires its employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Being fully vaccinated means that it has been at least 14 days since you received the last required dose of COVID-19 primary vaccination with vaccines authorized by FDA (Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson) or World Health Organization (e.g., AstraZeneca), and boosted means that you have received a booster dose authorized by the FDA or World Health Organization. As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated and boosted before you can begin to actively work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.