World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city. WBC seeks a full-time Communications Manager to join its marketing team.
This dynamic, hybrid role brings together the power of compelling content, integrated marketing, graphic design and media/public relations to not only tell amazing stories but to contribute to business impact. This person will work closely with the Vice President of Marketing & Communications to target and proactively pitch organization, leadership and pro-Chicago news to local, regional and national media. The ideal candidate is a passionate professional, known for incredible attention-to-detail with experience in content strategy, keen graphic design skills, and the ability to integrate marketing disciplines. You are a story-teller with the talent and ability to create compelling content that meets, and exceeds, KPIs. Ideally you have a range of experiences and abilities that include:
- Support WBC content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, driving greater awareness and lead generation.
- Combine analytic and communication skills with excellent understanding of the full range of PR, media, and content marketing techniques.
- Be an active contributor, working collaboratively with organization, city, and partner SMEs.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar mapped to business objectives, key announcements, and events.
- Effectively manage internal and external writing.
- Support World Business Chicago’s PR and social media strategy and function, elevating day-to-day for stronger engagement and relevance with key audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years of experience with a PR firm, marketing agency, corporate or government communications department, or non-profit agency;
- Excellent communication skills – visual, written, and verbal;
- Highly experienced in PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in graphic design and video production & editing. Basic knowledge, or interest in, motion graphics and program like After Effects;
- Knowledge and comfort, familiarity with Cision, Meltwater or other media database and monitoring platforms;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (365);
- Flexibility and adaptability, including ability to travel to events throughout the city;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple, accelerated projects simultaneously working to meet competing deadlines.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons.
To be considered for this position, include samples of your written and graphic work and/ or a link to your online portfolio along with a resume to Carrie Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org. We have an efficient, seamless process in place to ensure every interest is considered. Please do not send inquiries directly to WBC staff.