The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) team is experiencing new growth and is looking for a Senior Supply Chain Manager responsible for end to end supply chain design on the Intermodal Network Design team. The role is flexible to sit in Seattle, Nashville, Phoenix, or Atlanta.
This role will be responsible for identifying opportunities to expand intermodal's footprint on long haul shipments when sustainability, capacity, and cost is favored over speed. This role is pivotal to IM growth with both internal and external volume as our product offering becomes more complex.
You will have an opportunity to be an expert and work with a group of talented program managers, product managers, research scientists, software developers, and business leaders to provide insights that shape our network for weeks and years to come.
Key job responsibilities
• Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for Intermodal Service throughout Amazon's network.
• Work with technology teams to build metrics to visualize Intermodal's end to end supply chain.
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
• Design exception based reporting highlighting and analyzing outliers/trends that drive performance and operational improvement, along with weekly reporting and taking action to address newly found issues.
• Pull and analyze large amounts of data to identify and mitigate defects through detailed analysis
• Gain a deep understanding of various business lines and related processes, to understand long and short term needs to support business growth.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple teams and stakeholders.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Develop the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
A day in the life
Each day is Day 1 with the Intermodal team! The Sr. Supply Chain Manager will dive into Amazon's transportation network identifying new opportunities to provide a sustainable and cost favorable transportation option. They will be responsible for our Actual Cost Evaluation of Rail (ACER) Tool to ensure we are supplying the right transportation solution to the each Amazon shipment. You will integrate Amazon's Intermodal transportation offering into new programs such as Customer Facing shipments, Devices, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Global Mile.. You will utilize Intermodal's multi touch-point transportation model to fully scale our dynamic placement initiative.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related field.
· 5+ years experience working in Supply Chain operations.
· 3+ years experience in business analysis or data analysis.
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
· Strong data analysis skills, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data and develop metrics to track results.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
· Strong ability to indirectly influence others to drive results.
· Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
· Knowledge and experience with Excel, SQL and statistical analysis tools.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.