Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the cloud. Would you like to focus on increasing adoption and revenue of AWS security services? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and leadership skills necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
We’re looking for an accomplished Security SalesSpecialist in the Worldwide Security Specialist Organization to drive adoption of AWS’s Security Services in Central and South America.
As the Field Sales Specialist, your responsibilities will include partnering with Americas Sales teams to drive the necessary business and technical relationships within each account to drive adoption of AWS Security services, including working with the account teams to drive day-to-day interactions, developing pilot programs, and ramping into production AWS Security services. Your responsibilities will include working very closely with the Enterprise account teams, our Professional Services and Partner teams to focus on driving revenue, adoption, and account penetration within Enterprise accounts in the Southeastern US. The ideal candidate will possess a business development & sales background that enable to lead tactical and strategic initiatives to help drive revenue growth and adoption of existing and emerging technologies.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years of experience in a business development, program/product management, or other combined technical/business role.
· Proficient in Spanish and Portuguese
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Confidence in dealing with technical and non-technical senior level staff.
· Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills
· 5+ years selling security technology, preferably cloud security, hosted and managed security services in the technology industry.
· Proficient in Spanish and Portuguese
· Experience selling security to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations.
· Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc).
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
· Experience with automated self-service reporting tools
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.