What you will need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- The candidate must be tech-savvy and be an avid learner with a keen interest in data, fundraising, nonprofit management, and donor relations.
- 1-2 years experience with Salesforce or another constituent-focused database is preferred.
- At least three years in development or related experience and an inherent joy of working with data is a requirement to be successful.
- Experience in a customer-facing role desired, whether in the for-profit or non-profit world with an understanding and value of creating and sustaining strong donor relationships.
- Must be able to easily combine data and analysis while ensuring excellent relationship management.
- Must communicate effectively and have excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal collaboration and external donor relations; demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excels in project management: multi-tasking, goal setting, accountability, attention to detail and workload prioritization.
- Strong commitment to customer service and donor-centric mindset and approach and an ability to work seamlessly with leaders, physicians and high net-worth donors is required.
- Excels in project management: multi-tasking, goal setting, accountability and workload prioritization.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion
- Interest in and the pursuit of fundraising best practices.
- Ability to constructively accept and process feedback and a collaborative working style are essential.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, emerging and changing environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Salesforce is strongly preferred, advanced Excel is a bonus.
What you will do:
- Provide data-driven fundraising support to annual and major gift officers in Salesforce. Assist gift officers with engagement plans, contact reports/actions, activities, dashboards and clinical area physician lists.
- Track pipeline progress and donor activity, while supporting dynamic portfolio maintenance between mid-level and major gifts, working closely with the Manager, Research & Prospect Management and the Marketing Data Analyst.
- Monitor automation of classification and interests of donors and prospects. Pull queries and reports as needed to build donor loyalty such as first time donor welcome series thank you calls and donor impact reports.
- Assist with production of annual giving appeals with mail and/or digital vendors.
- Assist with the execution of customized donor proposals, outreach letters and stewardship communications at the direction of gift officers.
- Manage process of developing and sending patient prospect lead letters, in partnership with Directors of Philanthropy.
- Schedule internal and external meetings with physicians, administrators and donors, and manage meeting logistics.
- Provide donor-centric customer service experiences by making thank you calls and gift follow-up as directed.
The Development Coordinator will help the NorthShore Foundation team raise critical philanthropic funds in support of health system. This includes patient care, community engagement, innovative research, and training the next generation of physicians and nurses. We are a small but mighty team that is focused on meeting our goals in a collaborative and respectful environment. The Foundation office is located in downtown Evanston but working remotely in the immediate future is an option for this position with some in-office work required.
NorthShore Foundation is looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic team member to build donor loyalty and growth in our mid-level and major gifts programs by supporting prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The Development Coordinator will organize data in Salesforce to create actionable information for gift officers to build our pipeline of donations.
This position’s main focus will be to help build relationships with donors and prospects by supporting ongoing identification of prospects and tracking engagement of donors in Salesforce. The Development Coordinator will also support creation of written donor proposals; coordinate logistics of donor and physician meetings; and assist in other donor-facing functions as needed. The ideal candidate is energetic, creative, proactive, collaborative, kind-hearted, and a critical thinker who understands and is excited to participate in grateful patient fundraising.