- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with PaaS and IaaS technologies, Application Development, Networking, Security and Compliance, Disaster Recovery, or Cloud Migrations.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA, Master's).
- Experience with infrastructure architecture including storage, compute, database and networking.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems for software centric businesses who reach users/businesses through an app/platforms (e.g., Marketing, Data/Analytics or DevOps).
- Ability to learn quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Corporate Sales Engineer, you will work directly with the sales and partner teams to introduce Google Cloud to set of customers who are powering the emerging technology economy - where the success of their business and their external reputation is directly tied to our Google Cloud platform. You will help prospective customers understand the power of Google Cloud through high velocity and impactful technical business activities working closely with Google Cloud partners to run pilots, explain the technical aspects of the solution, and resolve any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical roadblocks.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including overseeing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work direct with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, using best practices, on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.