WLS-TV’s (ABC 7 Chicago) Broadcast IT Specialist, located in Chicago, Illinois, will perform an integral role implementing, maintaining, and supporting all departments and day-to-day operations in the facility required to deliver our product to the viewers on multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with the technology team on maintenance and integration of new technologies with existing infrastructure, and ensuring they are conforming to company standards, security policies and regulations.
- Troubleshoot and remediate complex systems in a fast-paced time sensitive live production and broadcast operation. Analyze root cause to determine operational or technical issues and take necessary corrective action to prevent the issue from reoccurring.
- Participate with writing and collaborating on technical documentation and standard operating procedures written for both technical and non-technical audience.
- Interact with end users in News, Programming, Production and Creative Services on systems. Provide direction and training to them when issues arise during the day-to-day operations.
- Planning and executing technical requirements for local and remote special events.
- Other duties as directed by Technology Department.
- WLS-TV is a 24x7x365 broadcast facility as such non-regular hours including evenings, weekends and holidays will be required.
- Effective communication with members of the Technology team and an ability to communicate across the organization at all levels.
- Applicants must have strong knowledge and experience working with Active Directory, Apple, Linux and Microsoft desktop/server environments, TCP/IP and Cisco Networking, Firewalls, Server Virtualization (VMWare) and SAN infrastructure.
- In depth experience supporting a broad range of technology such as mobile devices, laptops, desktops, and enterprise class servers.
- Highly organized and capable of monitoring and responding to high volumes of various forms of electronic communication
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages like VB/.BAT/PowerShell and also have experience with MS SQL database management.
- Familiarity with application packaging and deployment with Microsoft SCCM or similar tools.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience in lieu of education.