The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas’ Marketing and Communications department is looking for an individual who is innovative, a fast learner, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This person will support the Marketing and Communications department in a cross-functional capacity serving the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas association staff and communities. They will collaborate and work with staff of varying degrees and levels.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing and Communications Manager has the responsibility for supporting the execution of the association-wide strategy. The Marketing and Communications Manager will help execute marketing campaigns, content creation, website design, support association and branch projects, initiatives, and train various teams when needed. The Marketing and Communications Manager will stay abreast of trends that will benefit the YMCA and make recommendations of new strategies for better engagement of Y members, donors, volunteers, staff, and participants. This role will also collaborate with the entire Marketing & Communications team on events (virtual and in-person), local and national initiatives such as YMCA Day of Giving, Annual Celebration, Father of the Year, Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot and more. The Marketing & Communications Manager will need to be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and how the Y communicates internally and externally. The desired result will be an increase in awareness, engagement, and participation of YMCA audiences across channels.
BENEFITS & INCENTIVES
- Free individual or family membership
- Discounts on Y programs including summer camps, enrichment classes, youth sports, childcare and more!
- Flexibility in work schedule during the week with approval of supervisor
- Eligible to enroll in a 403 (b) tax-deferred account at beginning of employment
- Paid time off based on hours worked and years of service
- Training and leadership development opportunities
- Remote work opportunities
- 12% Retirement paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements
- Paid Professional Development & Organization Membership opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Opportunities
- Employee referral awards of $50 and up
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short-Term Disability, Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan, Employee Assistance Plan
- Graphic design (proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Website design (HTML, CMS, Drupal, WordPress, web editors)
- Marketing campaign assets
- Email marketing(Constant Contact or similar)
- Content creation, social media posts & ads
- Bilingual abilities are a plus (write or speak proficiently)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent; Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, web design or digital communications
- Experience managing marketing calendar
- Strong work ethic
- Innovative and forward-thinking
- Be a team player who can work cross-functionally
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented
- Fast learner with the ability to grasp new concepts and adapt quickly
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with staff of varying levels of authority and backgrounds (executives to member services, camp, group ex/personal trainers)
- Able to take charge, lead and train others
- Have a voice, be able to speak up
MARCOM TEAM ENVIRONMENT
The Marketing & Communications team is a dynamic, hard-working, creative, and fun group of marketing professionals that is passionate about the mission of the Y and the impact it makes with members, program participants, donors, volunteers, guests, staff, and the community. Each person has a strong work ethic, is a team player and steps up to lead various initiatives and projects. The team is well-regarded locally and nationally. The team is diverse in backgrounds, thoughts, and perspectives, has a balanced energy and approach to problem solving. Each person has the ability to work independently and cross-functionally. It meets regularly once per week and as needed based on the needs of the team and organization. The MarCom prides itself in having fun and the ability to laugh while working to meet very tight deadlines. New team members must be detailed oriented, well-organized, highly productive and can adapt to change.
MANAGERIAL / CONSULTATIVE
- Ability to maintain relationships with branch staff and consult with team members.
- Manage & organize multiple requests from a variety of staff from branches and departments.
- Represent the Dallas Y Association on consultative projects and questions from all areas within the Y movement.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Help manage MarCom Intern(s) in collaboration with Associate VP of Marketing.
- Manage external agencies, tools and resources as needed
RELATIONSHIPS TO BE MAINTAINED:
- Develop and maintain strong relations with Association and Branch staff and participate in YMCA training, meetings, conferences as approved by supervisor.
Under the direction of the Associate VP of Marketing, the Marketing & Communications Manager will:
- Manage the Association website ymcadallas.org, providing edits and updates as needed.
- Create and manage email marketing campaigns and analysis
- Actively update and maintain Google Grant management, SEM, Google Analytics
- Create paid social media advertising
- Manage advertising calendar and media providers
- Provide web & print design creative support to branch staff and branch initiatives (templates, flyers, postcards, brochures, etc.)
- Adhere to YMCA Brand Standards and provide training to others as needed
- Consult with Association and branch staff on a variety of marketing projects and initiatives
- Perform other duties based on the needs of the organization