Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 210 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a Finance Manager Latam to provide support for our Finance team in the region. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who can exercise good judgment and significant initiative.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Strong accounting background and knowledge of external reporting and applicable regulations for statutory compliance across multiple countries;
- Hands-on: strategic thinker that also dives down into operational and execution aspects while focusing on the “big picture”;
- Strong analytical capabilities, demonstrated by attention to detail + love for data. You will produce high-quality work, scrutinizing significant numbers and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems;
- Excellent team player who is adept at working as part of a larger team located in different locations inserted in a multicultural environment;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oversee multiple balance sheet accounts and the corresponding sub-ledger for varying levels of complexity and materiality;
- Understand how systems work together to drive improvements and automation where possible. You will proactively identify gaps in current systems and lead cross-functional work to design test, and roll out new techniques and tools;
- Exercise keen judgment and make sound decisions. You know how to listen to others, prioritize issues, and escalate matters with an adequate level of rationale;
- Partner with outsourced providers for management and preparation of Statutory Financial Statements;
- Team with cross-functional colleagues across finance, tax, and IT organizations, providing financial and accounting support to deliver unique projects;
- Analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet (US GAAP, Local GAAPs & IFRS) – Accruals, Prepayments, Variance analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent with in-depth accounting practical knowledge, CPA/IFRS preferred;
- 8+ years relevant accounting experience preferably at a large, fast-growing, multi-national company;
- Tech/Entertainment industry experience is a plus, but not essential if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background, and is capable of learning quickly;
- Advanced English and Spanish are a must.
As Netflix continues its international growth expansion, accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we’re facing, and there’s plenty of fun we’re having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!