OVERVIEW / SUMMARY
Web Designer responsible for building and modifying web pages on uscellular.com with the goal of driving e-commerce sales by improving overall appeal and usability for the end user.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improve search engine crawl ability of all pages, Ensure ADA compliance by conforming all pages to the WCAG level AA standard!
- Build all experiences using Responsive Web Design such that a single codebase can support an optimized view for any screen size that consumes the content plus translate wireframes, graphical mock-ups, and prototypes into working web pages.
- Partner with front-end developers and back-end engineers by providing consultation on or crafting semantic HTML5/CSS3 snippets/pages
- Audit web pages created by third-party vendors to ensure compliance with SEO, WCAG, and page speed standards as well as conformance to the digital style guide. Model compliance with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Direct responsibility and 24/7 oversight of all marketing related plans and initiatives in which the individual is responsible for as defined in job description or business need.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, web/graphic design, or human-computer interaction or similar field of study; or 4 years equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience using Photoshop or equivalent graphic design software and Axure or equivalent wire framing software
- Technically skilled, creative web designer with good verbal & written communication skills
- Confirmed experience developing web pages for small and medium-sized mobile devices (phones & tablets)
- Good interpersonal skills with shown success collaborating and problem solving with stakeholders, project teams, and external partners. On-the-job experience leading multiple projects at once
- Proven commitment to continuous personal development of leadership skills, including the ability to learn and apply new techniques
- Knowledge of web analytics packages such as Google Analytics or Mouse Flow preferred
- Content marketing/strategy and/or copywriting experience preferred
- Ability to quickly assimilate business and technical information required; business knowledge of the wireless industry a plus