Build and lead the BCBSA Cloud Services team in support of a significant and dedicated effort to transition our broad portfolio of platforms and services to the cloud Develop effective cloud platform engineering and operations support teams and practices, grow and mature the BCBSA Cloud platform to support BCBSA and Plan adoption, cloud based digital solutions, product development and security best-practices. Inspire and motivate product, engineering and operation teams for cloud migration and native cloud development. Execute cloud transformation strategy through collaboration with information security, product-development, engineering, infrastructure and operations leaders. Inspire and influence the mindset, culture as well as DevSecOps adoption to successfully deliver digital solutions on BCBSA Cloud platform.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategy and Leadership:
- Partners with BCBSA leadership, Plan leadership, EPIC leadership and Customer leadership to ensure that Cloud platform strategies and implementations are aligned with solving business problems.
- Develops a vision, strategy and execution for the construction, implementation, operation and maintenance of secure Cloud platform and solutions.
- Responsible for managing, building and maturing the BCBSA Cloud platform, technology roadmaps, architecture, services and enablement.
- Scale Cloud platform through building hardened and secure Cloud services ready to be adopted and leveraged by product development teams to accelerate business value delivery.
- Provide strategic leadership on technological changes to support evolving business and product requirements.
- Provide strategic leadership and consulting to BCBSA Cloud governance and Information Security teams.
- Works with Plans on creating and advocating standards for Blue system wide cloud adoptions and interoperability. Provides cloud thought leadership in collaboration with Plans to Blue system and healthcare industry.
- Responsible for delivering on BCBSA’s leadership expectations that includes hiring, mentoring and developing a high performing team, delivering on business commitments and promoting organization agility.
- Drive Agile and DevSecOps transformation on Cloud platform.
Develop and Implement best practices Cloud process and tools:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership acumen to establish standard-operating-procedures, best-practices, enforce timely decision-making, and institute a community-of-practice for Cloud engineering and secure product development.
- Ensures Cloud platform engineering team creates/maintains high quality products, maximize reusability/sharing of components and technical assets, and does so on time.
- Drives a continuous improvement culture/mindset by evolving and maintaining processes and tools supporting enterprise projects.
Resource and Talent management:
- Build world class Cloud support team based on a relentless pursuit of top skills.
- Establishes and leads the Cloud Services team and practice and develops, leads and mentors a world-class cloud engineering organization.
- Interviews and selects; leads, directs, trains and supervises Cloud Services team.
Budget and Cost:
- Accountable for planning, forecasting and managing within approved Cloud platform budget.
- Support and align with product management teams on developing product based cloud budgets and forecasts.
- Monitors and optimizes Cloud workload costs.
- Reviews and approves all cloud services related invoices, adheres to BCBSA financial management process/procedures.
Other Job Functions:
- Member of EPIC Extended Leadership team.
- Ensure Cloud platform strategies align with Information Security team goals.
- Represent BCBSA to vendor and partner organizations.
- Management reporting, SLA compliance, support Audits, assist in Incident Reports and root-cause-analysis.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years' experience in complex IT operations in medium to large organizations, with 5+ years in leading Cloud services team and/or cloud operations team in AWS is required
- Experience performing and automating cloud deployments, optimization, security activities such as threat detection and incident response, SLA compliance and reporting
- Experience in AWS Cloud operations and solution delivery
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and Cloud providers
- Standard AWS Cloud certifications
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- The position requires strong leadership, management and team-building skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals
- Demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support
- Demonstrable knowledge of DevSecOps tool chains and processes
- Working understanding of security operations, network architecture and application development methodologies
- Experience running organization wide programs and engaging with senior leaders within the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.Application FAQs