WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Are you passionate about Public Relations and Communications? Then you’re in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the public relations space. Is this you? Read on…
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Throughout our 25-year history, Insomniac has produced almost 400 festivals, concerts and club nights for over 4 million attendees in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, with expansions into Brazil, China, Japan and India. Insomniac’s premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in May 2019. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
- Compile and deliver daily Insomniac press clips and weekly reports to PR team and brand stakeholders
- Research and main up-to-date media database and contact lists for all media types and global markets with current Insomniac presence
- Build target media lists for concert and festival announcements for PR team to pitch and secure coverage opportunities
- Attend department meetings and sit in on department conference calls
- Monitor and respond to emails at email@example.com
- Manage media requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for club shows, concerts and festivals
- Manage and maintain the press.insomniac.com site with current festival information
- Assist in media request approvals and denials for all club shows, concerts and festivals
- Liaise with marketing team and promoters to keep up-to-date on key messaging points and important dates for all concerts and festivals
- Help maintain the communication team’s Dropbox and Google Drive with current press releases, images, general event information and all other documents, as needed
- Assist in the creation of Electronic Press Kits and one-sheets for festivals and brands
- Create a “Festival Book” for each festival with all relevant event information including staff list, crisis communications messages etc.
- Draft and edit content for press releases, festival recaps, news articles and other as needed
- Assist in press release formatting and distribution through third-party email platform
- Coordinate with outside firms on fact checking, announcement schedules and accompanying media assets
- Pull photo selects following concerts and branded shows
- Collect and source data for internal research projects and pitch decks
- Project-manage various other short-term assignments, as requested
- Provide support at events on site as needed (i.e. managing media check-in and/or staffing the press lounge)
- All other press related duties as requested
- Must have at least one year of music PR experience or related internship experience
- Familiarity with the ever-changing media landscape across dance music and on a broader, national scale
- Must be able to work out of Beverly Hills, CA office 2-3 days a week for eight hours each day
- Typical commitment is 25-30 hours per week
- Must have deep understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and have working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop) and Google Docs (Sheets + Docs)
- Must be motivated with an “Everything is possible” attitude
- Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
- Knowledge of dance music and Insomniac’s brands
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- May work in drastic temperature climates
- Must be willing to travel to work during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.