The Promotions & Activation Lead for CMG Tampa Radio reports directly to the Director of Promotions and Activation and closely partners with sales and content teams to assist with the implementation of client promotions, and events that drive revenue and/or listenership. Responsible for assisting with hiring and managing the performance of part-time Activation Specialists.
Exceptional communication, planning, leadership, analytical and digital skills are a requirement. Oversight of events and promotions will require working nights and weekends regularly.
- Coordinate all station events including scheduling Activation Specialists, booking on-air talent, securing giveaway merchandise, setting up signage/tents, conducting site scouting/visits with engineers, deploying vans, acquiring on-air messaging and content, handling any necessary equipment and providing post-event recaps as needed.
- Attend events and live broadcasts as needed during the week and weekends to supervise and assist the Activation Specialists as requested by the Director of Promotions and Activation
- Assist in building proposals, recaps and other necessary collateral for purposes of aiding sales team in monetization of station events and programs.
- Coordinate all on-air promotions for programming and sales: concert tickets, morning show giveaways, etc.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of all prizes for on-air, on-site and digital contests.
- Keep station vehicles stocked, cleaned and maintained, ensuring all equipment is always in working condition.
- Prepare promotional giveaways and other necessary elements for live broadcasts, contests and other like events.
- Partner with CMG Legal and other internal resources to generate contest rules as needed.
- Recruit and manage a team of part-time Activation Specialists
- Support Digital Content Lead by assisting with content creation, monitoring, events calendar, contest creation, and graphic design.
- Keep accurate records of all winner earnings and compile quarterly winner reports for tax purposes
- Manage calendars for sponsorships, contests, promotions and events for all stations and effectively communicate required assets to the programming team for execution
- Perform other essential duties as assigned by Director of Promotions and Activation
- Minimum of four years’ successful experience in promotions, marketing or event planning
- Highly adaptable and professional
- Ability to participate in high-level client and corporate meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effectively build internal and external relationships
- Strong organizational, planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to multi-task in a high-speed environment
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including grammar, spelling and the ability to tailor copywriting to each stations’ brand voice
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays throughout the year
- Strong computer, digital and social media expertise.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and social media platforms.
- Excellent driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience in radio, television, agency, digital audio or media organization
- Understanding of the Nielsen radio ratings system and data
- Experience planning and executing large scale events
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other latest generation Final Cut Pro and After Effects programs is a plus