Summary objectives: Responsible for the admissions process and registrar operations for prospective NLEI students and NLEI graduates under the auspices of academic, education, accreditation guidelines and regulatory compliance. Position leads school application administration, participant assessment, admissions interviewing, program and class placement and student records management. Manages student records and enrollment status from admission through graduation.
1. Supports the mission of NLEI.
2. Adheres to academic integrity. Upholds organizational policies.
3. Complies with federal, state and accreditation admissions requirements. Ensure completeness, accuracy, and security of campus files, documents and reports.
4. Following academic enrollment processes, guides qualified applicants through the admissions and enrollment process to ensure the highest quality of student experience from first contact through start of courses.
5. Provides the highest level of customer service to prospective students and graduates by ensuring availability (both on site, remotely, by phone and/or ecommunication daily). Responds with urgency to inquiries via telephone, e-mail, social media or personal contact.
6. Provides and communicates accurate and consistent information regarding NLEI admissions requirements and enrollment processes and relevant policies and procedures.
7. Thoroughly explains program content to prospective students and presents NLEI’s capabilities accurately, including information on the campus to each candidate. Informs and discusses with prospective students on how NLEI can meet their educational and career needs.
8. Sets appointment and coordinates admissions interviews. Conducts interviews to determine needs, motivation and interest in continuing their education.
9. Informs new students of the admissions requirements, transfer guidelines, and refers to Financial Aid Officer.
10. Under the supervision of the Campus Director, maintains and updates the admissions policies and procedures. Direct, train and review necessary policies and procedures with employees to ensure a culture of compliance.
11. Coordinates activities with organizational teams and education personnel for optimal student retention, student completion, student satisfaction, and overall student customer service.
12. Maintains regular communication and a professional relationship with all prospective students from initial contact to five days of class and/or service are completed.
13. Prepares accurate records and completes files documenting a student’s eligibility for admission and enrollment.
14. Evaluates prior post-secondary and military experience for possible transfer of credits.
15. Ensures completion and execution of the enrollment agreement.
16. Maintains completed admissions and enrollment records. Ensures security and confidentiality of these files. Oversees records access procedure.
17. Updates Campus Accountability Reports (CAR) (formerly AIR) regularly. Meets accreditor deadlines.
18. Manage student requests for transfers and other status changes.
19. Prepares reports to reflect both admissions and registrar activities and outcomes.
20. Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Interact in a pleasant and professional manner. Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple priorities, set and meet deadlines and manage unexpected situations. Previous experience beneficial. Strong technology skills necessary. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business communications, financial reports, legal documents, and some government reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to students, top management and/or public groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Incorporated in 1972, NLEI is a nonprofit 501 (c ) (3). NLEI is a unique organization as it is an education institution and a nonprofit community-based organization serving the LatinX community and underrepresented populations. NLEI offers programs that are nationally accredited and approved by the IL Board of Higher Education, the U.S. Department of Education, a partner of the American Jobs Center, the IL Veterans Administration and a National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). NLEI also provided community workforce services and has a myriad of credentialing partners and industry relationships. E/O/E