Do you like helping customers and partners solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Are you an expert in Oracle products and technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand Oracle application architectures and integration approaches? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading cloud-computing platform for Oracle solutions and customers?
As an Oracle on AWS, Solutions Architect focused on Oracle within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon EBS) across the customer and partner base. The emphasis being on working directly with customers to develop cloud migration and/or adoption strategies as it relates to their business critical Oracle systems.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in both Oracle solutions and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills that will enable you to represent AWS well, not only to customers and IT executives but also to the broader Oracle community including Oracle, developers, and architects. The ideal candidate should also have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
As a key member of the Oracle on AWS GTM team working to ensure Oracle customer success on the AWS platform, you will act as an Amazon ambassador in customer and partner engagements.
· 50% Travel expected.
· 5+ years experience and deep knowledge of Oracle systems (Oracle E-Business suite, Oracle EPM, Hyperion, PeopleSoft, NetSuite, etc.).
· 5+ years experience with Oracle infrastructure, designing highly availably architectures, and migrations.
· BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
· Respond to detailed client and prospect proposals (RFP/RFI/RFx)
· Engage with customers to develop an approach to migrate complex landscapes to the cloud
· Execute customer facing and virtual technology and innovation workshops
· Assist customers with complex solution sizing of technology components (O/S, Infrastructure, Database, Application, HA/DR, Backup)
· Engage with customers to model and design their current state architecture, target state architecture and transition architecture
· Articulate the value of AWS solutions to customers
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Develop and deliver customer-facing technology content including whitepapers, blogs, podcast, videos, and presentations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.