Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 500 million users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers’ journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
Do you have a track record of helping others achieve success with technology? Do you love the sense of accomplishment you receive when a client has an “Aha” moment? Better yet, do you have a sense of pride when you identify and triage complex technical challenges? Then Dropbox is looking for you!
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to help our customers get the most out of our products and services. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will help resolve technical issues for our customers using one or more of our products, often in conjunction with other software products including: Salesforce, Oracle cloud applications, HubSpot, Zapier, Google apps, and more.
This is a customer-facing role and you should demonstrate both interpersonal and communication skills in addition to technical problem-solving skills. You should also be adept at communicating and working with an audience with varying technical abilities.
Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans
- Assist customers in using, configuring and integrating our products via phone, chat, email, and screen share
- Work with and support domain-specific languages and applications
- Troubleshoot bugs and work with Product and Engineering teams to effectively prioritize and manage resolution
- Document and share customer feedback and feature requests with Product and Engineering teams to aid in development priorities
- Partner with Sales to resolve customer concerns
- Document processes and procedures; craft help center resources and standard operating procedures where needed
- Increase customer happiness and retention by meeting and exceeding customer support service levels
- Assist our customers in navigating and implementing our products
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves at work
- You have 2+ years of experience working in Technical Support.
- You possess strong analytical and critical problem-solving skills.
- You can quickly identify root causes through effective questioning strategies.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaborating to determine solutions.
- You enjoy giving and receiving feedback.
- You can adapt to change and grow with the business.
- Salesforce administrator experience is ideal but not required. You know your way around Salesforce and have dabbled with administrative features.
- You have good judgment and can maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)