The Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager will develop and execute strategies and tactics to communicate UScellular's dedication to diversity and inclusion. In this role you will work across platforms with UScellular’s public relations, employer brand, communications, associate resource group and Supplier Diversity teams to execute project sought deepen the reach and impact of UScellular’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. This leader will engage employees and external talent that amplify our dedication, progress and position in DEI across internal and external platforms.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as DEI departmental lead on all marketing and communication of Diversity & Inclusion work including diversity representation, inclusion, supplier diversity and compliance.
- Manages company’s DEI partnership relationships. Ensures partnerships are fulfilling contractual expectations and are aligned with DEI strategic objectives.
- Assesses DEI partnerships and regularly finds opportunities to UScellular engagement and improve partnership impact. Suggests areas of improvement in partnership agreements and relationships! Develops DEI social media content aimed at improving our position in the talent marketplace.
- Partners with TA strategies, Talent Acquisition, Communication & Marketing to deliver tactics and messages that attract, recruit and retain diverse talent.
- Supports DEI team by creating communication plans to support internal team efforts. Manages UScellular’s internal D&I website.
- Demonstrates internal social media site (Yammer) and communication vehicles to build D&I community of practice, deepen ARG engagement and enroll leaders and associates in D&I work! Build metrics and data gathering to measure the reach of D&I messaging both internally and externally.
- Manages relationships with external DEI organizations to communicate UScellular DEI progress. Serves as communication liaison with UScellular DEI partners. Aligns messaging for external talent and community engagements.
- Leverages UScellular’s Diversity Indices and “Best of” list work to highlight UScellular’s D&I strategic progress. In partnership with UScellular Communication, Talent Branding and Creative Services creates communication vehicles to communicate DEI progress and impact. Leads DEI projects and event planning as assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, Marketing, Project Management, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong project management and project implementation skills required
- Strategic, integrative problem solver who us able to understand the inter-departmental relationships vital to implement company-wide change
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- Able to influence without authority
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project
- Excellent written, oral and public speaker
- Skilled in creating engaging, creative messaging campaigns