The YMCA of the East Bay is seeking an experienced Senior Membership Director who will be supervising staff and membership operations for 2-3 locations, based out of the Oakland-Berkeley area.
The YMCA of the East Bay is made up of diverse people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. We celebrate connection and our mission serves ALL. As a vital, well-known organization in the East Bay, the YMCA of the East Bay has become a leader in health and wellness, through modern fitness centers, latest programming, and the mission to advance health in the Y and in the community.
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
· Five years sales or customer service experience
· Two years supervisory experience
· Must be self-directed, highly motivated and creative
· Excellent customer service, problem-solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications must be accomplished within 60 days of hire
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job
· Bilingual or multi-lingual is an asset
1. Be an advocate and key leader for exceptional customer service and communication in the branch.
2. Recruit, hire, train, develop, motivate, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed. Monitor and evaluate staff performance.
3. Manage front desk operations ensuring efficient administrative processes while employing a continuous improvement process for the front desk procedures.
4. Support new membership sales by conducting tours for potential new members.
5. Establish partnerships in the community and work with the Marketing Department to provide effective marketing and outreach to acquire new members.
6. Support and implement member engagement events and promotional activities.
7. Prepare and manage the membership budget to ensure goals are achieved.
8. May be responsible for member communication activities which may include branch newsletter and branch website as determined branch leadership.
9. Effectively resolve member questions and complaints.
10. Assist in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
11. Serve as a member of the branch leadership team.
12. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Our Compensation package includes:
We strive to build a staff team that reflects the broad diversity of our community. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Mission Statement: Advance Health, Empower Youth, And Strengthen Communities.