The manager of employee communications helps define, implement and evaluate the strategic employee communications direction through to execution. Acts as a strategic center of information flow from the company to all employees. This position is responsible for determining communications needs within Molson Coors, then maintaining, evaluating and continually improving the effectiveness of the company’s employee communications efforts. This position develops and manages the production and distribution of all formal employee communications programs, utilizing a wide range of media.
- Helps define, implement and evaluate employee communications strategy and plans through to execution.
- Provides strategic counsel, develops and executes employee communications strategies for senior leaders.
- Develops, implements and leads campus-wide communications and leadership visibility strategy.
- Serves as a core member of key leadership teams (i.e. Supply Chain, HR), developing plans and partnering with the function on execution.
- Develop execution plans to ensure the timely delivery of general and pointed communications.
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive employee communications “program” that supports and projects Molson Coors positioning to all employees
- Makes accurate information easily accessible to a majority of employees, so that they may stay informed and educated about Molson Coors.
- Develops content, oversees and helps brief senior leaders for major employee events and meetings.
- Ensures consistency of messages across internal audiences and prioritizes messages in alignment with company objectives.
- Provides employee and functional communications expertise and support to the Crisis Management Team as needed.
- Ensures personal credibility and impact through influencing others, leading people and communicating clearly.
- Applies interpersonal relationship, consulting and advocacy skills to ensure effective communications across the business.
- Creates and maintains relationships with other communications functions through partnerships.
- Strategic alignment/business Savvy
- Understands the business in its competitive environment and ensures internal communications has strong alignment with company values and goals.
- Education level and/or experience
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Communications
- Minimum 5 years of broad employee communications experience preferably in an environment operating in multiple locations
- Proven track record as an effective communicator at a small or medium-size enterprise.
Skills and/or knowledge
- Modern internal communications professional with full appreciation of the role of employee communications in building culture and driving business results
- Ability to translate business strategy into effective mass communications and specialized programs for segmented audiences.
- Excellent conceptual and writing skills
- Able to create an implement sustainable, integrated communications platforms and campaigns
- Ability to communicate with empathy for broad range of employee audiences (corporate, field, operations, etc.)
- Experience communicating to manufacturing/operations employees a plus
- Results driven
- Builds value-based relationships, takes responsibility for fulfilling commitments
- Anticipates and solves problems