Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix’s Labor Relations team is seeking a Coordinator who will provide support to the Original Studio Film and Original Indies Film team. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a business affairs, legal, production, and/or labor relations setting, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative. The successful candidate will report to Senior Counsel, Labor Relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer guild and union signatory set-up for production entities.
- Assist production personnel with submission of WGA Weekly Worklists and DGA-required reports.
- Attend cross-functional film sync meetings as needed with labor executives and track labor issues.
- Conduct research and assist with investigation of guild/union grievances/claims.
- Handle/assist with submission of union/guild waiver requests.
- Assist in compiling data for industry pension and health plan audits.
- Create and maintain status logs for grievances/claims; waivers and audits.
- Handle/assist with union/guild information requests.
- Update Film status charts.
- Maintain hard copy and digital library of collective bargaining agreements, Memorandum of Agreements and wage rates.
- Research and respond to SAG-AFTRA background performer claims.
- Support the Labor Relations team on projects, priorities, and production schedules.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required;
- 5+ years of related work experience is required;
- Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment;
- Comfortable with fluidity and iteration, and open to change and new ideas.
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.