The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA is a top-rated ‘4-star’ Charity Navigator and Guidestar ‘Gold’ rated non-profit charitable organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Join a cause-driven association with a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. Learn more about the Tampa YMCA at www.tampaymca.org.
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Operations, the Associate Executive Director will oversee the operations of a YMCA family center including membership acquisition, engagement and retention, grassroots marketing, programming, and wellness and other programmatic areas as assigned. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies. This position ensures that family center teams operate efficiently and employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for member/participant satisfaction, strong financial management and overall growth.
Key areas of responsibility include: ensure high-quality member and program experiences while growing enrollment, build community relations/partnerships, supervise program directors and key staff, ensure effective communication and coordination between center program lines and with association initiatives, and support and grow the center’s Annual Giving Campaign.
Critical areas of expertise include: leading others, highly organized multi-product line management, enhancing the member experience, strong membership retention strategies, delivering and managing robust programs focusing on quality, proven results in growth in programs, successful supervision of multiple full-time program directors to create a seamless team environment.
The successful candidate high energy passionate leader who can multi-task in a fast pace environment, have a passion for sales, and a proven track record in building upon prior success.
The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA provides a progressive work environment with great benefits and a competitive salary; 12% employer-funded, fully vested retirement plan after two years of services; 403(b) savings plan; excellent, yet affordable health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; complimentary YMCA family membership with program discounts; generous paid time off package with a minimum of 27 days; and the ability to work with innovative, talented and diverse individuals driven by a 'best in class' philosophy with ongoing professional development opportunities. Florida, also known as the Sunshine State, has no state income tax!
The Tampa Y is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
·BA/BS in Business Management, Recreation or Sports Management or related field preferred.
·Experience serving on leadership team of a Y (or similar) membership organization serving over 3,000 membership households preferred.
·Proven results in increasing program quality and growth through exceptional planning and organizational skills.
·Successful experience with multi-program management within a Y (or similar) membership organization preferred.
·Highly motivated with the consistent ability to meet or exceed goals, cultivate and retain program participants.
·Ability to quickly build rapport and develop effective relationships with program prospects and others to achieve goals.
·Demonstrated skills in fiscal management and financial development (including annual campaign, capital, and/or planned giving) and achieving margin targets.
·Consistently self-driven and goal-oriented with the ability to set effective team and individual goals and take ownership for results.
·Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to changing contexts and priorities.
·Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify and leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision-making.
·Ability to understand, adapt to and interact with diverse people, teams, perspectives and cultures.
·Proficient in using email, Internet, and other PC-based applications with the ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
Membership Operations> Evaluates member connection and commitment to YMCA programs and services ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals including:
Engagement and Retention>
· Analyzes data about member satisfaction and interests to ensure connection to programs, services, and other members.
· Collaborates regularly with center leadership, program operations, and other related teams to ensure the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned with member needs.
· Creates monthly membership business plans as directed by the association.
· Actively promotes orientations, personal training and group exercise offerings to 100% of new members to ensure the highest levels of member retention and repeat customers.
· Collaborates with product line leaders (program, sports, aquatics, etc.) to promote and achieve program optimization targets
· Follow up with L360 surveys within 24 hours to address member concerns.
· Expert in member engagement with various generations (youth, adult, families, and seniors)
Membership / Well Being> Effectively plans and executes strategies that support member acquisition and recruitment and ensures that sales and revenue goals are achieved.
· Develop and implement sales and member recovery strategies, within Association guidelines, that result in achievement of assigned sales / revenue targets.
· Collaborate with the association marketing team and center leadership teams to execute enrollment and grass roots marketing plans for the center.
· Lead Wellness Director / wellness initiatives as assigned by supervisor
· Develop and lead robust prospect identification and management program to include non-member program conversions
· Identify and leverage the corporate membership program and implement strategies to develop and increase corporate membership and well-being partners.
· Utilize marketing resources and manage membership communications to include social web/social media within Association guidelines.
· Lead and train associates in providing closing cause-driven tours to prospective members.
· Assists with identifying and attending community events that promote Y brand and encourage membership / program enrollments.
Welcome Center Operations > Lead the welcome center operations to ensure membership engagement, acquisition, retention, and continuous improvement to include, but not limited to:
· Ensure standards are being followed for member service and engagement as well as transaction processes and procedures
· Timely notification to member services team associates about any changes regarding center, program and other related information critical to member service and engagement.
· Collaborate and maintain ongoing communication with the Association Engagement and Solutions Center (YES) ensuring program and facility updates are fluid
Administration > Provides leadership to center administrative functions to include, but not limited to:
· Supervises/coaches team and ensures welcome center operations align with member experience, member acquisition, and member administration goals.
· Generates and/or analyzes membership, enrollment, and revenue reports to monitor and report on achievement of membership goals.
· Ensure timely adherence to all association banking, reconciliation, and financial transaction policies and procedures and coordinates with the Association Finance office as necessary.
· Supports the Vice President of Operations with the family center’s annual giving campaign and ensures successby ensuring the implementation anddeliveryof best practices.
· Develops and maintains relationships with current and potential funding sources, both private and public.
· Understands the pressing community needs andgenerates support for our cause and proven solutions for meaningful, enduring impact and stronger communities.
· Supports the Vice President of Operations with Board Development, cultivation, onboarding, and community relationships
Program Quality and Growth
The Associate Executive Director Role will provide oversight to program areas based on center needs to include one or more of the following program areas:
· Camp > Provides direct leadership and supervision to the Program Director(s) focusing on all summer/holiday camp operations. Oversees all aspects of camp planning, camp associate recruitment and training ensuring the delivery of a fun and safe camp experience that supports membership. Ensures that the camp team operates efficiently and employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for participant satisfaction, financial management and overall growth in all camping programs, including attaining and maintaining ACA accreditation.
· Adult & Youth Sports > Provides direct leadership and supervision to the Program Director(s) specializing in youth and adult sports, camps and clinics with a focus on an integrated program strategy that supports membership. Provides quality service and communication to members and program participants and ensures an excellent Y program experience for all participants. Strategically leads associate and volunteer coach recruitment, training and development and overall program growth and quality.
· Teens > Provides direct leadership and supervision to the Progam Director of teen programming including: Leaders Club, Youth and Government, LIT program and teen special events. Will attend teen overnight functions as needed.
· Aquatics > Provides direct leadership and supervision to the Aquatics Director to implement safe aquatics programs to meet/exceed budgeted targets including swim lessons, swim team, babysitting, Jr Lifeguarding programs. Ensures in partnership with Program Director an excellent Y program experience for all participants.
· Work with Program Directors to respond to member and participant concerns in a timely manner, ensuring a positive program experience for members and participants. Anticipate and exceed expectations consistently throughout programs.
· Develops and implements association survey and measurement strategies and action plans – Listen 360 and NPS.
· Leads strategy implementation to achieve strategic plan targets for programming.
· Generates and/or analyzes program enrollment, and revenue to monitor and report on achievement of goals.
· Develops and controls department budgets, achieves assigned operating margin, and ensures that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives.
· Provides direct supervision and leadership to assigned direct reports (exempt, full time, part time) along with Welcome Center staff and key program leads to hire, develop, motivate and retain a committed team passionate about the YMCA's mission, safety and service to members.
· Provides direct supervision to all direct reports and ensures their professional development and success.
· Supervises and leads program teams to create and maintain meaningful and impactful relationships.
· Manages associate schedules and payroll for departments ensuring efficient use of resources occurs within programs at all times.
· Ensures compliance with all federal, state and county laws and regulations related to payroll, licensing, child labor laws, etc.
· Provides collaborative leadership and guidance to peers through association-wide membership meetings, direct one-on-one best practice sharing with peers both in and outside the center.
· Develops and monitors staff member development plans and training opportunities that promote career growth within the Y.
· Conduct ongoing evaluations of team members’ performance.
· Develop a thoughtful and strategic schedules to ensure adequate coverage within assigned budget guidelines
· Actively participates and attends meetings, trainings, conferences, events, or workshops as assigned by supervisor
· Plans, schedules and leads all family center team meetings
· Fulfills regularly scheduled Leader On Duty (LOD) shifts
Safety and Risk Management
Mission Advancement > Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration > Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness > Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth > Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
· Must obtain within 30 days of employment and then maintain current certifications in CPR, First Aid, AED and Oxygen Administration.
· Maintain other required certifications as stated in the training matrix.