The Sr Manager, Provisioning and Development-Ops provides strategic and operational leadership to support the profitable enablement of telecommunication services. Through relationships established with partners, both internal and external and supported by a team of operational and development focused associates, this role is accountable for: Definition of chargeable network services requested by Business Partners via technical partnerships with UScellular IS Architecture and Engineering; Development and Operations of the Mediation domain including processing of customer usage in accordance with UScellular Business Objectives; Operational responsibility for network service enablement via partnership with Customer Service, UScellular Engineering and vendor partners.
Location Note: This role can be performed out of our Madison, WI or Chicago, IL locations. The team this person leads is in Madison, WI. This role will involve minimal travel to either Chicago from Madison or from Chicago to Madison.
- Drives operational stability through internal and external partnerships to ensure service enablement and revenue management in accordance with UScellular Business objectives.
- Accountable to support Change Management to ensure changes to the BSS and OSS are executed in an operationally sound manner.
- Drives resolution of complex incidents by serving as an IRT. Develops and maintains partnerships with IS and Engineering Incident Management. Emphasizes root cause resolution to operational impacting situations
- Provides leadership to ensure ongoing (SOX, ITSM and Subpoena) control and compliance objectives are met. Ensures compliance with Change Management Policies via Change Approval Board.
- Collaborates with Engineering Operations to ensure the successful maintenance of the UScellular Telecommunications network.
- Partners with Revenue Assurance, Intercarrier Business, Accounting, Customer Service and 3rd party partners to ensure the cost-effective operations of the B/OSS.
- Collaborates with IS Business Solutions, IS Architecture and Advance Technology and System Planning (ATS) to ensure the cost-effective enactment of new Business Initiatives.
- Becomes recognized as an authority in the functional and technical aspects within the Provisioning, Rating and Mediation domains.
- Manages the health of the Mediation Platform including yearly maintenance and lifecycle upgrades in partnership with IS Finance and Procurement.
- Measure and deliver associate performance, following HR processes and providing personal feedback and supporting career development plans via ongoing one on one dialog.
- Bachelor’s degree, or specialized training with equivalent work experience is required
- 10+ years of telecom experience is required
- 5+ years of experience in the wireless/cellular industry, preferably in architecture or software development is required
- 10+ years of software development experience is required
- 4+ years developing technical functional specifications which cover use cases, requirements, solutions/architectures and test plans
- Working knowledge of B/OSS standards such as 3GPP and 3GPP2 is required
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.