Latinx Talk Therapy is a counseling specialty group made up of professionals working to enhance the mental well being of the Latinx community in Illinois. Learn more about us at latinxtalktherapy.com
Master's level couples counselor will provide outpatient to individual, couples, and/or family therapy to clients at Latinx Talk Therapy in our Millennium Park Plaza office. Currently all sessions are virtual. Clinical therapy services for this position include treatment of adults and couplets. Treatment specialties may include: couples AND trauma, EMDR, family systems, EFT, Gottman
Couples Counselors will be trained in providing forensic evaluations and writing immigration affidavits for clients applicable for VAWA, DACA, UVISA, TVISA, Asylum, and Hardship.
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
Latinx Talk Therapy offers full-time employees the option of obtaining Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois health insurance.
Paid Sick Leave
Latinx Talk Therapy offers full-time employees accrued paid sick leave yearly.
Latinx Talk Therapy offers full-time employees 8 weeks maternity leave including 4 weeks paid.
Latinx Talk Therapy offers full-time employees matched retirement savings plan.
Free Gym Access
Latinx Talk Therapy offers free access to the buildings outdoor rooftop deck, indoor swimming pool with panoramic views of Lake Michigan and Grant Park, yoga studio that offers free yoga classes, locker room with steam shower, and full fitness gym.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Work hours and schedule may vary depending on client and Latinx Talk Therapy needs. Hours include some evenings and/or weekends. Counselors are not guaranteed a minimum number of clients or sessions per week. However, it is expected that counselors will be available to hold at least 25 client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled and held in the offices of Latinx Talk Therapy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform virtual and on-site clinical counseling services to clients of Latinx Talk Therapy, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies. Currently all sessions are virtual.
2. Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
3. Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Latinx Talk Therapy.
4. Respond to clients’ requests for service or calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Latinx Talk Therapy website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such clients.
5. Communicate with a client's treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
6. Timely complete written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, immigration affidavits, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Latinx Talk Therapy or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion. Keep client files accurate and up to date.
7. Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Latinx Talk Therapy.
8. Conduct and regulate counseling services in Spanish/ English in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the goodwill and reputation of Latinx Talk Therapy. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
9. Other duties which may by assigned by Latinx Talk Therapy.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour
therapy is virtual