Store Manager I is responsible for delivering outstanding customer service, achieving operating objectives, sales, and financial goals according to company standards, policies, and procedures. Leads team of retail professionals to execute on the vision and strategy for the organization. Manages, develops, and leads a team with direct report responsibility including Retail Wireless Consultants and / or Assistant Manager.
- Leads associates to achieve superior results, customer advocacy, and a high-performance culture.
- Provides clear expectations with team giving timely feedback, evaluating performance, and seeking continuous improvement.
- Achieves sales goals by planning, teaching, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to associates.
- Meets sales targets by promoting U.S. Cellular products and services to new and existing customers.
- Maintains store performance through coaching and accountability by planning, monitoring, and observing individual and team performance.
- Teaches sales team in selling tools and techniques including prospecting customers, qualifying needs, problem solving, and sales process practices.
- Oversees daily operational processes within the retail store according to company guidelines.
- Selects, trains, and develops team ensuring they are fully equipped with the tools, information, knowledge, skills and business.
- Promotes customer advocacy through meeting the needs of new and existing customers creating positive customer engagement.
- Identifies associates with advancement potential and provides ongoing development to build skills and capabilities, supporting U.S. Cellular’ s leadership pipeline.
- Oversees and ensures successful onboarding for newly hired associates.
- Ensures store scheduling and allocation of store resources ensuring optimum customer service.
- Safeguards and monitors loss prevention procedures to minimize shrinkage.
- Leads marketing efforts in representing U.S. Cellular through community involvement and promoting the brand.
- Ensures all associates' compliance with company policies, procedures, and required trainings.
- Attends all required U.S. Cellular training programs. Assists with and lead training as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or state equivalency certification (GED).
At least two years’ sales management experience.
One or more years leadership or management experience.
Prior experience in building, motivating, and leading teams.
Experience in coaching, organizing, planning work assignments and delegating duties.
Flexible in working a schedule including regular nights, weekends, and holidays.
Experience leading in a fast-paced retail sales environment.
Proficient in manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications.
Wireless and/or retail sales management experience.
Familiar with various mobile software applications and operating systems (Android, Apple).
Prior experience networking with the local community and supporting small business customers.
Experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems.
Experience with computerized pricing and inventory control systems.