REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Advertising
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
The Creative Project Associate is an action-oriented role within the Marketing department which provides service for a wide array of print and collateral projects for Lyric as an organization. The role organizes and executes direct mail marketing and guides the creation of digital and print projects in many different formats which promote Lyric’s work, with keen attention to delivering projects on time and on budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, create an annual departmental schedule of all direct mail, collateral materials, and building signage which drive sales of subscriptions, single tickets, and special events. Schedules must include deadlines for placement, art submission deadlines, and budget implications.
- Define production scope of each project and send out RFP’s or RFQ’s to vendor partners (printers, mail & data services, graphic designers, color management, etc.) to realize these projects in most cost-effective ways. Analyze responsive bids from qualified vendors and work with department leadership to award projects.
- Provide project management for the creation of institutional display needs assisting Marketing, Development, Lyric Unlimited, Facilities, Technical, and Operations.
- Serve as point person on annual direct mail program by acting as liaison with data services providers and direct mail house. Responsibilities include: monitoring of production schedules, project budgets, print deliveries, postal requirements, mailing list coordination, and mailing approvals.
- Work with IT, Marketing, and Ticketing team to manage integration of Variable Data Printing with design elements, with special attention to personalization and custom transactional data on direct mail pieces.
- Ensure on-time production and delivery of all marketing collateral, from creation of timeline through design, proofing, printing, delivery, and fulfillment. Be the last person to ensure all required change requests are captured accurately and approved before going to print.
- Serve as primary point of contact between Facilities, Marketing, and program publisher to coordinate the print and delivery of the house program as well as coordination of house program ads, house program inserts, and accessible program formats. Prepare internal schedule and requirements of production elements to stakeholders.
- Collect creative service project requests through creative brief and work with department leadership to communicate activity breakdowns and project schedules to stakeholders.
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, business, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of prior project management experience in a deadline-driven workplace.
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Creative processes and workflow management in a deadline-driven workplace
- Digital, offset, and web printing industries
- Microsoft suite of products
- Adobe Creative Suite of products
- Color correction and press check processes
- Direct mail principles and processes
- Variable data printing
- Outstanding business communication skills and stakeholder management experience.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Prior budget maintenance experience.
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Knowledge of Tessitura CRM a plus.
- Knowledge of ProofHQ a plus.
- A professional demeanor as a community representative of Lyric Opera.
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to lift boxes and production materials.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/FMI9efcbJu/Marketing-Creative-Project-Associate?source=Hispanic+Professional+Network
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.