Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, the Vice President of Brand Digital and Social is primarily responsible for developing and implementing platform-specific strategies to increase the Phoenix Suns’ and Phoenix Mercury’s presence across social channels, lead the teams’ web and app evolvement, consult on our Team Shop e-commerce destination and partner across the organization to identify emerging technology opportunities to benefit the brand, our partners, and fans..
What You Will Do:
- Leveraging consumer data, in partnership with the organization’s Business Intelligence team, this role will develop the social strategy in support of the Suns and Mercury brands, ticket sales, PayPal Sixthman Membership sales, and partner entitlements. Social Media Playbooks and Operational Guidelines will need to be developed, implemented and maintained to provide organizational clarity.
- This role is critical in identifying emerging social media trends and platforms, as well as data analytics that enable the Suns and Mercury to continuously evolve, increase followers, and increase engagement.
- This role will work to further develop the overall look and feel for Suns.com as a consumer destination for brand storytelling, team information, and to explore single-game ticketing and PayPal Sixthman membership information. Functionally, it must also be a destination for consumers to engage with our partners and their initiatives.
- This role will work to further evolve the Official Suns Mobile App sponsored by Verizon as the mobile destination for consumers to engage with our brand and our partner brands, including in-arena, as a complement to broadcast, games and gaming, ticketing, concessions, and more.
- The role will work cross-functionally with Brand Marketing, Brand Communications, Broadcast and Creative teams, as well as the revenue-driving Partnerships and Ticketing groups, to develop and test new platforms and products in accordance with the social and digital strategies.
- Together with the Creative and Communications teams, the Vice President of Brand Digital and Social will establish the social content and Suns.com editorial development calendars, focusing on optimization and platform-exclusive content creation across mediums to support business objectives.
- To demonstrate ROI, this role will own the data and analytics management and reporting process across all social and digital platforms and use these tools to inform decision making.
- This will include overseeing and sharing results and implementing optimizations as needed and driving the team to test and learn. Close collaboration with the brand marketing and performance marketing team will be required to manage A/B testing and audience acquisition strategies. In partnership with the media teams, this role will develop both the organic and paid media strategy for all social platforms.
- Social Media Prowess - Have a deep understanding of all social channels, established and emerging, and audience growth tactics with proven experience of creative, and relatable storytelling through social media. Be able to use this knowledge to identify new brand opportunities nationally and globally.
- Analysis & Insight – This role will have a strong reliance on data analysis and is expected to measure performance against set KPIs season-over-season. These insights will lead to recommendations for on-going and future optimization for all social and digital platforms.
- Strong Communicator – Requires the ability to have influence and impact within a matrix organization across departments.
- Managing People – Deliver strong direction and leadership to a diverse team of direct reports. Ability to build trust and credibility within a matrixed team including with stakeholders from product development, commercial, and other internal and external partners.
- Topical Knowledge – Have a passion for basketball. Knowing the NBA and its athletes will be key to developing Brand strategy and growth across social channels while creating engagements relevant to our consumers.
- Create strategies for multi-channel campaigns
- Oversee and manage a team to ensure content creation, social media and community engagement marketing strategies and analytics are successful, on brand and effective.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of current trends and best digital practices.
- Collaborate with Centercourt creative team and Brand Marketing team to develop captivating content including GIFS, videos, graphics and more
- Provide strategic direction for paid social programs across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brands identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
- Partner with Business Intelligence team to ensure integration with CRM platform and coordination and alignment with priority sales initiatives
- Oversee the analytics and reporting of Brand Marketing and Brand Communications campaigns
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.