The Accounting Analyst plays an integral role in the monthly financial closing process for The SKY Family YMCA, including the SKY Academy charter schools. This will include preparing assigned and additional journal entries as needed. Assisting in the preparation of internal financial statements and preparing account analysis and reconciliation functions. In addition, this position will beresponsible for financial analysis and projections for the YMCA.He/She will develop leading performance indicators, forecast future revenues and expenditures and evaluate current performance using a variety of analytical methods.
This position works with the CFO and other executive-level team members toprovides direction and leadership for YMCA finance and business operations.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience in accounting and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including strong experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to meet the associations background screening requirements
- Support and assist in the monthly closing of the books for the YMCA and the related charter schools.
- Prepare account reconciliations and account analyses
- Account for expenditures and revenues related to grants (Grants Tracking)
- Support the annual and special audits by providing supporting documents and analysis requested by auditors
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance by organizing and evaluating data from a range of sources
- Preparing internal reports, dashboards and projections
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Assisting in establishing and monitoring margin guidelines
- Evaluating expansion opportunities and projecting return on investment and return on impact
- Taking a leadership role in annual budgeting and monthly/rolling forecasting
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team around financial best practices
Every incidental duty connected with the Accounting Analyst job cannot be specified in the position description and the colleague, at the discretion of the Chief Financial Officer, may be required to perform duties that are not included in this job description.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Fiscal Management
- Program/Project Management
- Completion of YMCA of the USA Child Abuse and Neglect class
- Completion of the YMCA’s Blood Borne Pathogens training
- Staff Safety Requirements/Cleaning Protocols
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor
How to Apply