Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? If so, the Amazon supply chain team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results, to create and execute a worldwide Amazon supply chain by working closely with our retail and operations partners across the globe in order to effectively manage volume flows and fullness for our fulfillment centers and delivery stations.
This Amazon business obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs and other large items like furniture to customers’ homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install, test where required and haul away old items as needed.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us regardless of minority, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. We value diversity!
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
ABOUT AMAZON OPERATIONS
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide every day. In these key roles, you’ll help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates. One of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. Key responsibilities include:
· Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
· Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
· Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
· Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs and gangways safely and without limitation
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on day one and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. We grant each employee ownership in the company, including Amazon stock awards and a matching 401(k) program. But, if you’re not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos’s most recent letter to shareholders sums it all up pretty well.: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1018724/000119312516530910/d168744dex991.htm
· A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
· 1+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
· You have a completed bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of Amazon experience.
· You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
· You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
· You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
· You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
· You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· You are leader and exhibit that every day of work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen and Six Sigma.
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.