Responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance broadcast servers and network components. The position will be the primary engineer for the design and integration of Broadcast Equipment into the IT infrastructure of the facility and CMG network. This position will assess and make recommendations for software and hardware for broadcast workflows. Performs all standard Broadcast Engineering duties as well.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation such as drawings, technical bulletins, and version notes.
- Manage and maintain hardware & software related to high powered transmitters and microwave systems.
- Work with the engineering staff to maintain the Master Control room hardware & software and workflows. This will include but is not limited to playout server systems, transcoding systems, FTP and content delivery systems. Additionally, this role will manage and maintain the play to air automation system and any interface(s) to the traffic system.
- This role will be one of the liaisons with corporate IT NEG to ensure compliance and interoperability for broadcast systems.
- Work with the engineering staff to maintain the Production Control Room hardware & software and workflows. Including playout server systems, production automation, CG systems, and control interfaces.
- Manage and maintain the news room hardware & software and workflows. This will include but is not limited to NRCS systems, transcoding systems, and encoding systems for web & mobile streaming.
- Work with IT to maintain network infrastructure as they relate to broadcast and on-air systems. Ensuring that software, firmware, and OS versions for broadcast equipment are up to date as needed.
- Satellite transmission & reception. Operation of Harris Automation, FCC rules and regulations, over the air broadcasting. Repairs to a component level of electronic systems.
- Work with end users and leverage technology to develop or improve workflows. These workflows should be in line with station’s long- and short-term plans for digital workflows and content distribution.
Design, execution, and management of projects will be required as well.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Bachelor’s degree or Associates in a related field preferred. Professional certification(s) in IT or broadcast are also desirable.
A minimum combination of 7 to 10 years of experience in broadcast plant operation, high power and microwave transmission, and IT experience at an administrative level.
- Apple and Linux support skills and experience, familiarity with Cisco switches and routing equipment preferred.
- Working knowledge of video and video codecs is necessary.
- Strong communication and people skills are required.
- Programming skills in a standard language like .NET or C are a plus.