Shopbop is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead impactful programs that make Shopbop the daily destination for inspiring fashion worldwide. Shopbop TPMs lead initiatives that range from adopting the latest AWS technologies to defining and launching new customer experiences. Because Shopbop | East Dane is an Amazon subsidiary, our teams learn from and contribute to one of the strongest technology groups in the world.
As a Senior TPM for Shopbop, you will be both a solutions architect and a program manager. You will obsess over and innovate for customers; working independently or with business partners to define requirements for new projects and drive them to completion. You will work with world-class engineers at Shopbop and Amazon to design long-term solutions that delight customers and solve hard business problems. Using data and customer anecdotes, you will drive decisions, manage risks, communicate and resolve issues, make technical or business trade-offs, collaborate with software engineers, and drive projects to completion. Your actions will be felt by Shopbop customers around the world across app, website, and fulfillment experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a software development background and excellent problem solving, project management, and both verbal and written communication skills. They will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading large programs end-to-end. They will own team efforts to coordinate and unify road maps and technical direction across multiple complex systems. They will also identify opportunities to converge overlapping technical efforts, and drive long-term strategy. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· 6+ years of professional experience in Technical Program Management
· Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy as well as technical details to both senior leaders and software developers both verbally and in-writing.
· Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical partners
· General knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with agile methodologies
· 3+ years of prior experience working as a software developer or architect
· Experience in e-commerce industry
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and object-oriented design
· Experience working with geographically dispersed development teams
· Sound business judgment
Shopbop | East Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation